All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEx Arcade Main Menu Modifications

arcadegamer

Hello,

I've been getting my arcade machine set up for my kids and I am running into a small issue I hope someone can help me figure out.  I have the GameEx Arcade edition and my kids love it, although the menu is a little confusing to them and it frustrates them so much that they give up on playing before they get to play a game.  I would like to remove all the Main Menu Items that do not pertain to my setup, like "Lightgun, Trackball, Spinner games, etc.."  Really, what I would like to do is make it as minimal as possible so they can navigate to the games as easily as possible.  I found the guide for the regular GameEx edition, but I can't find much info on the arcade edition.  Can someone offer some insight on how I may be able to remove unneeded Menu Items?  Thank you for your help in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not believe there is a Guide specifically for GameEx Arcade. Since it is an off-shoot of GameEx, most of the information there should be helpful though.

However, please be aware that many of the choices available in GameEx are hard-coded in GameEx Arcade. This makes the setup simpler and more streamlined for new users, but takes away from some of the versatility that seasoned GameEx'ers may be used to. So, if you don't see a particular section or parameter in the Setup Wizard, most likely it is one of those hard-coded choices.

Both platforms are good options. It just depends on how much you want to tinker.