All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] GameEx won't even start

Archie2

I have installed the newest version of GameEx January 17 is all the download says (downloaded 2/16/2018).  I have gone through the setup wizard then started GameEx and then windows says program stopped working.  I uninstalled and reinstalled approximately 5 times thinking directX or some graphics driver was missing.  GameEx still won't even start.  My computer is new with NO other software loaded. INtel 2.4GHz with 8 GB of  ram. Bought this computer solely for this program and a few golden arcade era games

Can someone guide me as to how to get GameEx to even start? I have enclosed the requested file list. I hope I got that right.

P.S. looks like the program doesn't even get far enough to load the log file. The log file looks to be from the original developer. My computer is a 

nuc7i3bnh intel nuc if that means anything.

Thank you

GameEx.ini

log.txt

SetupWizard.log

Looks like you a decent log from updating the MAME list. Could you post another log with it crashing? Also please try installing video codecs.

I don't think it is a log from me here unless its from my minix so not sure what is going on there?

Latest version is 15.10 though not 15.02

The log.txt file has a date of 11/17/2017.  It makes no sense.  The date never changes.  I double click the gameex icon and zip zero.  I click on the gameex (simple mode) and nothing.  If I delete the log file no new one is generated.  I do not know what video codecs are that need loading I only have mame64 with one rom 005.zip.  I am not trying to do anything but start gameex and see the opening screen.  If you guide me to the video codecs and how/what to do I can try that? The reason you see 15.02 is I tried loading a different version as a test.

I wonder if buying windows 10 pro would make a diff.  I am in 700 buck now and really discouraged.  I got everything to run on my old lap top just fine

Probably best to ensure you have GameEx installed at the root of C:\ (i.e., c:\GameEx\ ). Also make sure that gameex.exe is set to Run as administrator and full read/write access granted to the application. The LAV codecs can be found here .

GameEx is installed in the root directory and it has admin rights.  I will try the lav codecs.......  Again that log file appears during the install of the software.  This attached log is before I double click on GameEx version 15.09  again the date is screwy.  I havent even double clicked gameEx.  Once I do though no change in the log file.  Simply will not load. :-(

log.txt

{RESOLVED} First and foremost thanks to everyone that attemped to help this was a real tough one.  I did a complete reinstall of windows 10 with all updates and directx12.  GameEx now starts.  Tomorrow I will begin installing Mame, but that is easy.

Thanks again!!!

• Archie2 changed the title to [RESOLVED] GameEx won't even start
  • tthurman locked this topic