All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Visual Pinball 10 backglass not showing if launched from Pinball X

foneservice

Hi chaps.  

So If I run a VPX table outside of Pinball X the backglass displays correctly but if i load a table from within Pinball X I get a black backglass.  All my backglasses are B2S.  

The issue does not effect VP9 tables.

Everything is run as admin and I have DOF feedback working, even though the backglass doesnt display!

Not really quite sure where to go from here

I've seen this happen if you have b2s enabled in your settings, and have auto position set. Def post your ini as that will help diagnose!

So If I run a VPX table outside of Pinball X the backglass displays correctly but if i load a table from within Pinball X I get a black backglass.

Are you saying that PinballX is displaying the backglass fine (on second monitor)? ...but when you launch a Visual pinball 10 table from PinballX the backglass is missing after the table fully loads in Visual Pinball?

This is quite strange, sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday.  PinballX doesn't really do much after it loads Visual Pinball, it's just blacking out the screens and waiting for the exit button to be pressed to resume focus and display the front end again.  I'm not sure what could be causing B2S backglass to not display when launched with PinballX.  This sounds like it's putting the backglass on a different monitor than expected, you're seeing the blacked out screen that pinballX put up after launching a table. Do you have DOF and do you get output from any toys? (this will tell us if b2s is running but you just can't see the image)

You've checked that just double-clicking a .VPX table in your table folder that the back glass shows?  Do you have multiple copies of ScreenRes.txt around?  If you do, make sure they all have the correct monitor in them.  I could see issues if that was the case, other than that my only suggestion would be to post a video of the problem. That might provide a clue as to what's going on.

No problem funkyman, I appreciate you helping.  dof is running and if i alt+tab i can see that the backglass has infact loaded and DOF works, but i cannot see the backglass.  Its like it is a screen issue iagree,  But as i said if i load table from VPX itself it works everytime.

Ah, so that does make some sense, at least we figured out where the B2s loads. Did you check for multiple screenres.txt files, that's where the screen number is held for b2s, maybe since the launch folder is pinballx it's using a screenres.txt from that location instead of your tables folder.  The other thing I should ask is are you running 2 (or 3) monitors? Also, you could download (if you haven't already) the ScreenResCheck.exe from the downloads section, that will create a screenres.txt file but ALSO it'll load test images to see if it works from there.

Glad you got it working! So you forget a quote (") for passing the /play command for Visual Pinball X? Did you use the VPX default settings in the "other" section? Reason I ask, is that I just used that and didn't need to change any other settings and it worked fine.

If you feel like it, you could also update the original post title with a "(Resolved)" tag so if anyone else has this problem they can get a quick solution, thanks!