All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Vertical games on my secondary monitor

Kabuji74

Hi,

I have two monitors, one for horizontal games and one for vertical. It works well but both monitors have to be on (first to select games, secondary for playing)

I want to make a setup for gameex to launch only vertical games on my secondary (vertical) monitor but I don't want to modify my actual settings.

Could I install GameEx twice with separate settings ? Or is it another way to do so ?

@Kabuji74 I found this info on another forum:

If you have a file in the root of your MAME folder named mame.ini make a copy of this file and name it Vertical.ini then look for the line in the file that says OSD PER-WINDOW VIDEO OPTIONS>screen and set its value to \\.\DISPLAY2 (It could be 1 instead of 2 depending on which screen is which on your setup).

I've not tried this and I do not know on what Mame version Vertical.ini and Horizontal.ini began to be supported, but you could give it a go.

I suggest against multiple installs of the same type of GameEx. You can install regular GameEx and GameEx Arcade Edition on the same PC though.

Thank you for the reply RedDog.

I already have a setup with a vertical.ini and it works pretty well, but my purpose is to only have one monitor 'on' when I boot windows.

So I installed GameEx Arcade Edition, told it to launch on secondary monitor and configured it only for vertical games and it works !

Thank you again.