All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

FX2 not quitting properly

sc205

I have worked through the multiple changes that have been required for FX2 from before it was supported on Pinball X.  Some time in the last year something else changed and I could not get it to exit properly, so I simply disabled FX2.  At least the family and kids could play on the cabinet without issues. (visual Pinball tables)

Getting back to this as I now see DOFlinx makes the "toys" work with FX2 so I wanted to get it running again.

When i quit a table from Pinball X it brings me back to the normal FX2 end game screen.  Do you want to save your game etc.  In the past this did not happen.  I do remember initially needing a bat file to kill the process, is that still needed?  If so I can't seem to get it set up correctly.  Can't find pinball FX2.exe even from a command prompt.  I can kill steam but that is not what I want to do I don't believe.

Also is a gamepad emulator still needed in cabinet mode?  I know it was at one time but I thought it was not recently.  

All of the FX2 installation instructions seem out of date.

Help :)

Thanks,

Stuart

I have  a 3 monitor cabinet running windows 10

I updated PinballX to 2.5

Back in 2015 I wrote a how to on this Forum to install FX2 on an earlier version of Pinball X before 2.0.  Took a while but I understood it back then :)  

I actually added them to try to get the program to behave.  They were not there when everything worked as expected (probably a year ago) .  I currently have them inactive.  I just updated the 2 files.  The bat file was killing FX2.  I thought it was to run when quitting the table but no :)

Without xpadder  I  have no control from my cabinet.  Something is wrong with the way I am trying to activate it in the settings.  It only works if I start it before starting PinballX.  

I realized the files I first posted were after changes and I probably was fixing them when you looked at them.

Really appreciate your help.