All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Table errors loading from PinballX - index out of range

boslaw

I have a cabinet setup - 2 monitors plus pindmd3

I am running Win 10 Home

Intel Core i5-4690k 3.5GHz

16G Ram

64bit OS

I have installed VPX 10.4 and all other VP versions using VP all-in-one installer

I have PinballX 2.5

PinballX.ini attached.

I have been getting the following errors when I load some (not all) games through PinballX. The same games will load and play fine if I launch them directly from VPX:

Sometimes I get a script error in the background that says "index was out of range. It must be non-negative. . ."

Sometimes, the table gets stuck with a screen that says "Loading" but I cannot do anything to quit PBX or VPX - ctl-alt-del doesn't work, nothing works. I have to pull the plug on the computer.

Sometimes I get a .net framework error but I'm running the most current version of .net (I double checked)

Tables I have had problems with -- Target Alpha, Medieval Madness Tom Tower 3. There are others. The "index was out of range" errors point to different lines in different tables. The latest error pointed to line 1, which was actually commented out of the table script.

I have also noticed that it takes a very long time to start and exit tables via PinballX - sometimes as much as 30 seconds.

PinballX.ini

• 3 months later...

What are your backglass settings?  I've seen this before with some older versions of VPX and Backglass in standard mode (and sometimes in EXE mode).  Also, make sure you've got the latest and greatest of B2S Server.  

• 4 months later...

I had the same problem even with running the most recent version of PinballX.  Here's what finally solved this frustrating time consuming problem for me:  Go to your PinballX.exe file or its desktop shortcut/right click on it and select Properties/under the Compatibility tab uncheck Compatibility Mode.  All of my EM tables that had previously errored (they had backglasses set to "run in exe mode" to eliminate ball rolling stutter) now load flawlessly.  Hope you have the same success!

• Thanks 1