All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Ambience Volume

falkensmaze

Hi i'm all set it's great to be back, and my cab running fantastic (for now :lol:) , just a couple of quick questions if anyone could help,

1. Can you adjust the volume of the Arcade Ambience music alone? I want a subtle ambience but regular video snap volume. ( I could always re-rip in a wav editor but if there's a simpler way i am missing I would be grateful.

2. I am using the Ambient Occlusion theme (love it, thanks Naborneo)  and as you can see I can still see Home and Power icons, looked everywhere to remove but cant find if anyone could point me in the correct direction, 

3. And finally as you can see in the same picture when i hover on a game title, a description dialog pops up, can i remove? I have show game information "true" for the short term as I want to add favorites, are they one of the same setting?

Many thanks

image1.thumb.jpeg.1cd976239c2c5288c9ca5c15abe94340.jpeg

#1: There is not a separate volume for the Arcade Ambience sounds in GameEx (Maybe possible if you submit a Feature Request in the thread in the FAQ section). An alternative is to run the Arcade Ambience files found at the Arcade Ambience site via the Ambience Utility created by Shanman. I have tested on my Win 10 rig and didn't even have to install a second sound card as is usually required. Since I play sound through HDMI on my 40" Sammy, I was able to plug a set of external speakers into the speaker jack of my motherboard and configure the app with the Arcade Ambience sound files. That way, I can control the ambience sound volume independent of my games. Just that easy!

#3:  You can disable the game information by changing the setting EnablePopUpDescriptions=False in the GameEx.ini or the Theme.ini file for the theme you have selected. If you change this in the theme, it will override the setting in the gameex.ini file.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Draco1962 said:

#1: There is not a separate volume for the Arcade Ambience sounds in GameEx (Maybe possible if you submit a Feature Request in the thread in the FAQ section). An alternative is to run the Arcade Ambience files found at the Arcade Ambience site via the Ambience Utility created by Shanman. I have tested on my Win 10 rig and didn't even have to install a second sound card as is usually required. Since I play sound through HDMI on my 40" Sammy, I was able to plug a set of external speakers into the speaker jack of my motherboard and configure the app with the Arcade Ambience sound files. That way, I can control the ambience sound volume independent of my games. Just that easy!

#3:  You can disable the game information by changing the setting EnablePopUpDescriptions=False in the GameEx.ini or the Theme.ini file for the theme you have selected. If you change this in the theme, it will override the setting in the gameex.ini file.

Excellent an idea i simply never thought off. And the theme ini was the culprit! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2018 at 10:36 PM, falkensmaze said:
On 1/23/2018 at 9:58 PM, Draco1962 said:

Many thanks, I installed another soundcard for the Ambiance with a 4.1 creative set hooked up around my den, excellent effect using shanmans app! Constant ambience at an "ambient" level so real deal feel about the whole experience! 

Glad it worked out for you! I am thinking about merging all 4 of the Arcade Ambience mp3s into one and mixing some music from the 80s-early 90s throughout. Not sure how it will turn out but it will be over 4 hours of continuous play. Of course, this will not be something I can share due to the obvious.