All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[ RESOLVED ] earn some cash?

simbamame

Now ive got your attention....

If anybody want to earn some Euros, Dollars or Pounds or what ever currency you deal with and can remotely connect to my pinball cabinet and help fix my Zeb Board shaker via doflinx and can spare an hour or so to help set it up ( doflinx ) and get it running, im prepared to re-in burst your time via a pay-pal payment.

If you can email me we can arrange a suitable time ( time differences etc... )

Many thanks.

ps the shaker works via the test program.  ive no idea how to set up doflinx correctly even after reading about it and trying it, visual pinball does not shake the motor !

doflinx isn't needed for visual pinball, it was built for future pinball and fx2 and 3.

You just need to configure the DOF config tool and down load the files to your DOF setup.  This is all dependent on your setup and whay your using to trigger solenoids etc.

You might try reading the forums over at vpforums and get free help before you pay someone. Also Zeb is also pretty helpful himself.  I will tell you up front all you need to know to get it working is in the forums, go to the DOF threads and ask some questions.  That's what i did anyway.  You will have to get a general understanding of how this stuff works if somebody remotes in and just sets you up, you wont have a clue how to maintain it, and with DOF, DOFLINX, PUP, ETC, it gets even more involved.

4 hours ago, rablack97 said:

doflinx isn't needed for visual pinball, it was built for future pinball and fx2 and 3.

You just need to configure the DOF config tool and down load the files to your DOF setup.  This is all dependent on your setup and whay your using to trigger solenoids etc.

You might try reading the forums over at vpforums and get free help before you pay someone. Also Zeb is also pretty helpful himself.  I will tell you up front all you need to know to get it working is in the forums, go to the DOF threads and ask some questions.  That's what i did anyway.  You will have to get a general understanding of how this stuff works if somebody remotes in and just sets you up, you wont have a clue how to maintain it, and with DOF, DOFLINX, PUP, ETC, it gets even more involved.

Thanks for that ive been told visual pinball uses it via the b2s is that right?. and ive tried setting up dof but keep coming up stump im not sure if i have it running properly or at all as i knew to all this dof stuff...i think i need an ini file which im not sure how to get, nese the plee for help..plus i dont have triggers or solenoids just a shaker, tilt/plunger unit which works...ive contacted steve ( zeb ) who has helped but as he doesnt use doflinx cant help with that side... 

Plus ive no idea how to use it in Future pinball ive added the doflinx vbs script but its just double dutch to me, im hopeless when it comes to installing stuff... to be honest i thought i was just a case of connect plug in download a driver and away you go...how wrong i was.

Hi there....im using a ZEb Boards which is a clone of the sainsmart relay i believe and i use an ipac for my control...dont have lights just the shaker, i also have the plunger and tilt/nudge connected to the controller which works

ive been to the .... site and configured the unit using the dofconfigtool and its produced 4 files that ive put in visual pinball\plugins\directoutput\config  but still no go.any help appreciated.

the shaker works with the test program and its connected to relay 3.

Ian

ive tried various vpx table and vpt tables, plus fx2 and future pinball...im sure medieval madness does on vpx .

directoutputconfig (1).zip

Hi rablack97

I Have some spare time tomorrow so im going to de-install all the dosflinx stuff ive done and put into visual pinball ...and start again from scratch if you could you walk me threw that would be brilliant as to be honest i have mostly visual pinball tables ,and if i could get those to work id be happy,   and not really too bothered about the other set ups for now.

i only have a shaker motor..no lights etc... plus a plunger and tilt ( they are working ), its just the shaker that i would like to work. Ill start tomorrow, i know the shaker works via zebs test program so i know its a config problem. I did use zebs config but think i screwed summit up, so i`ll start again.

1stly do i need to install doflinx V6.11 or not as im alien to this.

Many thanks for the help so far.

Ian

@rablabk97

as requested screenshots of what ive configured in config

config.png

config2.png

config3.png

Hi

I have the shaker just the 1 connected to output port 2 on the zebs plunger board which I believe is a sainsmart? clone. I think I selected 2 to be sure. Ok ive not installed dof...ive created in Visual pinball a directory called Direct output in there I've create a config file and in there I've put the files that were created by the config program from fpuniverse site ( ive alteted it so shaker is only on port 2 ) is that correct?.

Many thanks.

progressed slightly get this now...any ideas where i go from here as shaker still doesn't work.....

20180130_224018.jpg

20180130_224025.jpg

20180130_224042.jpg

direectoutputupdate.jpg

Did you contact zeb about this to make sure the type of hardware you should pick on the config tool website....
  Because if it is a sainsmart you may  need a GlobalConfig_B2SServer.xml and a cabinet file because I use a real 
sainsmart and I need those files..

5 hours ago, Outhere said:

Did you contact zeb about this to make sure the type of hardware you should pick on the config tool website....
  Because if it is a sainsmart you may  need a GlobalConfig_B2SServer.xml and a cabinet file because I use a real 
sainsmart and I need those files..

This ^

You definately need to point dof to your table xml that the tool generated.

You only need the shaker one on port.  We need to see your hardware setup.  In my case, the led wiz controls the sainsmart relay, which triggers my solenoids shaker etc.

Your not doing anything fancy.  Per zebs site, he gives you a pre-cofigured DOF files to use, have you tried to use those and then point your DOF config setup to those files.

@Outhere, I thought the cabinet file was for addressable leds only, as that sets up the the led lengths etc.

6 hours ago, rablack97 said:

This ^

You definately need to point dof to your table xml that the tool generated.You only need the shaker one on port.  We need to see your hardware setup.  In my case, the led wiz controls the sainsmart relay, which triggers my solenoids shaker etc.Your not doing anything fancy.  Per zebs site, he gives you a pre-cofigured DOF files to use, have you tried to use those and then point your DOF config setup to those files.

i have tried and altered the shaker to just the one port (2)  i even downloaded your table.xml altered the serial number and tried that still no go...ive tried with ZEBs config and the 1 i produced at vpuniverse ( as per zebs insturctions to create your own ) still no go...i did an error once.... ( see attached pic ) ... i have altered a few things but dont seem to get the same error...im really starting to struggle with this. :-(  i  have enclosed my configs in case that help.

Many Thanks for you help so far its really appreciated.

Ian

20180131_105145.jpg

cabinet.xml

DirectOutputShapes.xml

DirectOutputTesterSettings.xml

globalconfig.xml

globalconfig_b2SServer.xml

tablemappings.xml

directoutputconfig.ini

directoutputconfig60.ini

9 hours ago, Outhere said:

rablack97  - this is my setup for the Addressable LED Strips  and sainsmart Eight Channel Relay Boards

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=36156&p=375849

Eight Channel Relay Board

https://www.amazon.com/SainSmart-Eight-Channel-Relay-Automation/dp/B0093Y89DE/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1517377573&sr=8-12&keywords=sainsmart

I'm running the nonUSB relay, 16 channel.

@simbamame do you have an ledwiz or pacled64?

simbamame

Post your DirectOutput.log

Did you check this

Unblock the DLLs and exe

On platforms like Win7 or Vista you might need to unblock the files of the DirectOutput framework, before it can be recognized by hosting applications (e.g. B2S.Server).

Please exceute the following procedure for all dll and exe files of the DirectOutput installtion:

• Right click the file and select Properties in the context menu.
  • Select the General tab in the properties window.
  • If you find the text _"This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer" or somthing similar on this tab, click the Unblock button. This should fix the issue.

If the text about the file coming from another computer does not exist, everthing should be fine.

5 hours ago, rablack97 said:

@simbamame do you have an ledwiz or pacled64?

I don't have either of these.

5 hours ago, Outhere said:

simbamame

Post your DirectOutput.log

Did you check this

Unblock the DLLs and exe

On platforms like Win7 or Vista you might need to unblock the files of the DirectOutput framework, before it can be recognized by hosting applications (e.g. B2S.Server).

Please exceute the following procedure for all dll and exe files of the DirectOutput installtion:

• Right click the file and select Properties in the context menu.
  • Select the General tab in the properties window.
  • If you find the text _"This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer" or somthing similar on this tab, click the Unblock button. This should fix the issue.

If the text about the file coming from another computer does not exist, everthing should be fine.

Yes I did all these as they were all blocked.

I don't have a directoutput.log 

thats correct i have tried moving to just c:directoutput but still no go. I always use the globalconfigeditor to point to where the files are.

heres the contents of directoutput directory

001.jpg