All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

External Program for DMD-Videos?

T0mat0

Hi there.

First of all: I love PinballX.

I just have one issue/suggestion:

The problem is that the DMD-Videos aren't displayed on the correct monitor. I have the dropdown in the setup listing 5 monitors (even though I only have three) but all of them seem to put the DMD videos on the right corner of Monitor 1. No matter what I configure (including the manual position options)

Being a coder myself I tried to simply find the PinballX-Thread, collect the windows-handle from the DMD-Video and move/resize the window to the correct position. Sadly, this did not work, cause the videos do not seem to adjust their zoom level when changing the DMD-Window-size.

To shorten this up: It would be VERY helpful (and hopefully not too complicated) if I could add a location for an external application in the config file that is called automatically with the filename from the correct DMD-Video. (just like the external applications on different other config sections) Then I could write a tool to display (and position) the DMD the way I want. I think, others might benefit from such a feature, too.

I will happily provide that program for the community, just like I did with the VPinMame-Mover (which does what I described in the first passage, but within Visual Pinball) [Just search for "PinMameMover" on Github)

If your using Visual pinball you can move and resize the DMD Hitting F1 when the table has launched. The last 2 options turn DMD on/off and you can dragt and then position it on different screen and size. Then F3 to apply , then save table.