All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

MAME not rotating, trackball/multiple keyboards

dboyrecords

Hi,

I'm adding joysticks, buttons, trackball and eventually spinners to my cabinet. I was using an old version of PBX and mame, rotation was fine but keyboards weren't. I updated both to the latest. I also setup controllerremap utility which made my wired keyboard 1, wireless keyboard 2, zeb plunger as 3 and ipac2 as 4 and trackball is mouse 3. I can set trackball in mame but it wont register in PBX. Any suggestions? 

Please attach a copy of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files.

You provided the requested files Wednesday and bump 1 1/2 days later? I am not sure you should expect a quick response to this request as you have quite a few moving parts outside of PinballX that have to be considered. Just a hunch, but I think it is likely that PinballX may be conflicting or overriding your Controllerremap program. I haven't looked at your pinball.ini file yet, but it may be that you will have to use the launch before and launch after features for each system to launch the Controllerremap app and kill it respectively.

No problem. It has been a little sluggish. In the mean time, you may want to try experimenting with opening the remap app in the launch before commands to see if that makes a difference.

Well, I haven't given up but I'm about to. 

I can't assign any joysticks in settings wizard.

I can assign UI_up in mame to keyboard 1 up, keyboard 2 up and keyboard 5 up but when i open same rom in PBX and hit configure it's just keyboard, keyboard, keyboard no numbers. 

I broke my zeb plunger so all buttons and joysticks are through ipac2 which I thought would simplify but no luck...

Are multiple keyboards even possible in PBX? 

Keyboard 1 is wired (something required num lock keys, can't remember, maybe I don't need it anymore)

Keyboard 2 is wireless w/trackpad

Ipac2 is joysticks and buttons

Happ usb trackball

2 hacked mice used as spinners

Zeb plunger not currently connected.

Before adding the arcade stuff, PBX ran fine with 2 keyboards and zeb plunger (buttons connected to zeb)

After much google-ing it appears part of the problem is Windows 10 reordering usbs. I figured out a work around by ditching the wired keyboard, never again restarting ALWAYS shut down and unplug my wireless keyboard before starting up. Only ipac2 and trackball connected at startup. I'm bailing on spinner mice for the moment. 

All that aside, there doesn't seem to be mouse support at all in PBX. Is this true?? 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think that it is so much a matter of PBX supporting mice (and trackballs which are just large mice so far as the OS is concerned). I think it is more a matter of figuring out the proper order for setting up all of these things to work together to achieve the end result you desire. You have a very custom setup with lots of moving parts.

I don't know if you have followed @TerryRed's Pinkadia build thread, but there is a level of customization and complexity with his build that you just might get some information and inspiration for accomplishing your goals.