All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

game manager

simbamame

Hi all

Does n e body know where pinball x actually stores the game manager information for the table media...as i add media threw game manager some times overwriting the old data but when i load pinball x it has the old date/files showing...for example i altered a table image from a video to a static image threw game manager, but PBX still shows the video..do i have to manually remove the video even though its in a different folder?.or do i need to alter something in the settings.

Also i find Game Manager takes about a minute to load a 35kb XML file into game manager ..surely that is wrong ?, and is it possible to make game manager load future pinball xml instead of always the Visual pinball one 1st ?

As always any help appreciated, and thanks in advance.

attached log and ini if needed plus XML for added value.

Ian.

PinballX.ini

log.txt

Future Pinball - Copy.xml

For me, Game Manager files land in the PinballX folder in a sub-directory called Media then under the  "game category".  In other words, if you have an XML file titled 'Visual Pinball', then the picture files and such are in c:\PinballX\media\Visual Pinball.  The list of tables are stored in c:\PinballX\database\"game category"\"game category".xml where "game category" is something like Visual Pinball.

Thanks...yeah i knew all that but The list of tables that are stored in c:\PinballX\database\"xxx"\"xxx".xml where "xxx" is like Visual Pinball doesn't actually give a lot of info apart from weather DMD is on B2S is on etc.... and i wondered if there was an actuall file that games manager pulls or weather it purely creates from the data found in the media and sub media files as this appears to be the case.