All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Gameex Stopped Working

falkensmaze

After getting my cab set up for the first time in a while, new install win7 all was good and was pretty much done tweaking when I started getting "gameex stopped working" dialog popping up and it dies It happened just after I started tweaking with attract and ambience settings so I reverted them but still the same problem, if anyone could help it would be much appreciated :( edit I changed out a memory module and same problem, its not impossible this is a PC problem but im praying not

GameEx.ini

log.txt

SetupWizard_en.xml

Solution

Actually I think it was crashing on game exit or on game select either way I took out the video snap path and have just run about a dozen games with out crash I also changed the theme from tron to a default theme and all good although i would like video snaps back at some point, i have to head to work at in 20  min soll see how er go from here, note I did not restart PC after that codecs install ( still haven't) 

It would seem I have over 5000 Avi Snap video files but i have noticed some are in subfolders although mostly in the main path. Doubt that it is one offending AVI ( if it was it would be hard to single out) but when I scroll down the game list with snaps on thats when it crashes, will try a few things later like changing the folder name etc. I did notice once when I renamed the path in the config to avisnap_old it was still displaying the video snaps even though that folder is fake, it wasn't till I blanked out the path completely did it revert to png snaps! I wonder if they are cached somewhere by gameex??

Update: I uninstalled Gameex but still got the same problem, then I remembered that Uninstall does not remove the data folders, so I did over and removed folders manually and we are up and running better than ever thanks for the help, the codecs will be handy also.  Clearly copying data from old build was the entire problem!!! My bad!!           

Note i always need to turn bezel off in mame settings and attract mode or games wont launch or screensaver won't load, but that's not a problem just incase anyone else has same problem Thanks Again no doubt i'll be back with something equally daft my fault :lol: