All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] GameEx Arcade minimizing on startup

scooby

Hi, 

I've got GameEx Arcade version up and running and I've included a shortcut in my startup to launch it.  I'm also running Windows 7 Pro.  When the machine boots up I get the Windows screen booting up, then I get my desktop, then the screen goes blank and I hear the sounds from GameEx starting up but then my desktop shows up again.  GameEx is running but minimized on my taskbar.  I haven't been able to figure out why it is running minimized on startup like that.  With that said, I've checked the properties and made sure that it is set to run on maximized (I've also tried the standard setting too).  Also, the first time I booted it it did run maximized but since then it keeps opening minimized as described above.  Can anyone please lend any insight as to what I am missing.

Are you using the latest version? As I know an old version did have this problem that Tom fixed.

It looks like there is a newer version out now.  Would I just download it and rerun the setup wizard?  Will it just default to the previous settings when I run it or how exactly do I upgrade to the newer version?

Glad to advise and fix it. Please mark post as [ RESOLVED.] If your happy its fixed. 

Note: when upgrading/updating the software keeps all your settings it just updates the core files.