All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Video snaps MP4 - loading time

alexdelarge

Hello,

I have an issue with the video snaps in GameEx. I downloaded a bunch of .mp4 video snaps for my Amiga emulator via the EmuMovie Sync tool. But it takes GameEx a few seconds to load mp4 video snaps when going through the list of games in GameEx. In an attempt to fix this I converted the .mp4 files to .avi files with Pazera's MP4 to AVI / FFMpeg. Result: the loading time significantly increased to the point of no delay but the quality of the .avi videos is very poor. Of course I can convert it to high quality AVI but the converted files are much bigger in comparison to the MP4 files.

I want to have a snap video delay close to 0 AND snap videos in the original MP4 format. Is there a way to fix this? In the Tweaks and Performance section I changed the 'Snap/video delay' to 'Fastest' but that seems to have no noticeable effect.

I included the GameEx.ini in this post, see attachment.

By the way, excuse me for my poor English grammar.

Kind regards,

Michel

GameEx.ini

Hi Draco,

Thank you for your reply. See attachement for my log.txt

Right now I'm experimenting with the various settings for converting .mp4 files to .avi files The converted AVI's are now of a reasonable quality and the file size is acceptable. However, I prefer to use the MP4 video snaps from EmuMovies.

Kind regards,

Michel

log.txt

Not sure where you are running into a problem with .mp4 videos as they are well supported by GameEx. Are you using the LAV codecs? If not, I would recommend uninstalling any other 3rd party codec packs (Shark007, CCCP, etc) and installing the latest from here .

I just looked at your log.txt file and you are running on version 14.02. I think we need to get you upgraded to 15.09 (current) and install the LAV codecs before going much further.

• Like 1

I uninstalled Shark007 codecs on my pc and then installed the LAV codecs. That did not help. As you suggested, I upgraded GameEx to 15.09. Problem solved.

Thank you Draco for your suggestions.

Kind regards,

Michel