All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEx AE not working well with AMD Processor??

Trey Andrews

I have been using GameEx AE with all of my arcade builds and all of the sudden when I buy 5 AMD Processor PCs it doesn't work. Am I missing something? How can GameEx not work just with a difference in processor. Please Help!! I have many orders I need to fill building these PCs for my friends.

Thanks! 

Here is the last part of the log.

11:25:14.89  12/30/2017:  MAME list update took 2 minutes, 20 seconds.
11:25:14.90  12/30/2017:  Attract Mode Re-Enabled
11:25:15.35  12/30/2017:  21 Consecutive Exceptions Occured
11:25:15.37  12/30/2017:  Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
11:25:15.43  12/30/2017:     at Direct2D.Direct2d.Device.TestCooperativeLevel()
11:25:15.44  12/30/2017:     at GameEx.GameEx.MainForm.de()
11:25:15.45  12/30/2017:  Trying reinitialising the display after sleeping for 4 seconds
11:25:15.46  12/30/2017:  Exception count will be dropped to 15

We will need for you to attach complete copies (no copy & paste) of your gameex.ini and log.txt files for review.

It might help us to know more specifics about your PC builds - CPU, GPU, etc.

First, not seeing the error you initially reported so this is not the same log file so far as I can tell.

Second, it is generally not recommended to install and run MAME from c:\Users\ path (higher protection by Windows) and generally best from c:\ itself. 

Looks like you are running MAME Plus! which I am not certain is an official authorized build by MAME Dev.

Yes I saw that re downloading it instead of moving the download file over could help. So the first one is from that. We re downloaded and it worked!! But, when we set the media paths to the correct place it crashed (the most recent logs I sent you). Now we are setting paths to things one by one (snaps then logos ect.). When we added videos it crashes. We narrowed it down to that. The videos don't play when we try to play them through the pc's media players. So Maybe its just the transfer of original content being downloaded through intel hardware then trying to use the same content through AMD hardware. Your thoughts? 

5 hours ago, Trey Andrews said:

So Maybe its just the transfer of original content being downloaded through intel hardware then trying to use the same content through AMD hardware. Your thoughts? 

If you are talking about using a default drive image from an Intel rig and cloning to an AMD rig, then you could have some driver issues, but not likely that is what you are suggesting. 

Content (videos, still images, ROMs, etc.) are going to be generally OS and hardware neutral, so shouldn't be an issue here. 

Definitely load the LAV codecs as @RedDog has suggested and report back.