All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

gameex jukobox start button

biric

Hi, everybody

I am using gameex vor several years now and really like it. I have been able solve practically all my issues so far. That said, there’s one remaining:

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to start the jukebox with a button on my control panel. All other jukebox controls are fine once I started the jukebox in the menu (including play/stop). Also, if I configure gameex to start playing music after startup it does so as expected. I just don’t want it to pay music every time it starts.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

would you not add it to the menu like you would an emulator and assign a key to it.?...

Or did you fix it ? 

It is customary to report back with any success or further questions and issues to report regarding. Thanks.

Thanks for your Reply.

I'm actually not sure if I get you right, but why would I add an internal 'part' of gameex as an 'emulator selection'? Is there even a seperate jukebox player executable? can this even be done?

Would one not expect the keyboard input `Play/Pause Music' to launch the jukebox? When reading the frontend- commands aloud via LEDBlinky ('speak and blink gameex controls'- option) it actually says 'start or stop jukebox' for this keycode.

So, for the customary report: not quite the success I was looking for yet. But again, thanks very much for your Reply.

I am not sure what you are looking for so far as a separate button is concerned. You use your joystick to go to the jukebox, hit a button on the CP to select, joystick to the song you want to play, but the select button again.

Of course, not sure how you are setup without seeing your gameex.ini and log.txt files for review plus knowing a little more about about your CP configuration and what 3rd party programs you may be using with it 

• 2 weeks later...