All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Real DMD stops working in PBX

Pablo Smiraglia

about 70% of the time I quit a table back to the front end, my real pindmd3 stays blank. Can you help me troubleshoot?

- this happens with every emulator: VP, FP, FX2, FX3, pro pinball, Slamit

- even when the dmd stops working within the front end, I can start another table, in any emu, and the dmd fires up again

- restarting PBX only resolves the problem sometimes

- trying to "reset" the dmd using dmdext.exe after quiting the emu does not help

- I cannot find a pattern to replicate the problem at will, but happens more often than not

-  I use both real color dmd videos and images. when the dmd stops working, it stops showing either

- when working, I see a "Real DMD Initiated" in teh log. that entry is missing when it does not (I guess it makes sense)

the second uploaded log is for a new session (pinballx started form desktop) where the DMD did not start. I exited, restarted pinballx, and the dmd started working (third log). 

Logs from v2.41. Since then, I upgraded to 2.5 with same results.

PinballX.ini

log.txt

log.txt

log.txt

• 3 weeks later...

I have been having the same Problem, it's so random I cannot isolate the cause, I read somewhere to make sure your usb ports are not set up to go to save power mode, I have done that but then again I have had it happen coming out of a dmd game, I think my problems started after I had set up FX2 and dmdext a while back, I took FX2 off and  I am just running Visual Pinball now so I am assuming something is lingering on the system still.  I have been considering just doing a clean install.  I didn't have the problem when I originally got the cabinet going.  I was hoping someone had seen this also and had an easy fix

• 2 weeks later...