All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Romlist for 3DS

flocke28

hi all,

I tried to add the Citra-Emu . All roms has a separate sub-folder but every file has the same name "game.cxi". scan subfolder in the setup wizard is enabled. rom names is used from the folder names . on start of a game it starts always the first found game.cxi. the complete rom path is ignored in the map file.. 

which are the right settings for my citra setup without rename all rom files?

thanks

41 minutes ago, Adultery said:

I can tell you right now you're gonna need a map file.

And since the file names for each of the games are all the same and are housed inside separate folders, won't he have to include the folder name with the file name parameter in the mapfile? I cannot think of another way of doing it myself...

Yeah, you're definitely on the right track. It's gonna take some effort for sure. You're really looking at full file paths mapped to ROM names with friendly display.

/Side note:

How's the compatibility with that emulator? I kinda feel like it's gonna be PSP-esque, in that I have a CFW 3DS and gaming on a cabinet just wouldn't be anywhere near as good as the original hardware. Even the DS was kind of hit or miss, and I don't even have it enabled anymore.

For example:

game.cxi|Donkey Kong™ Country Returns 3D

The game.cxi needs to be the full path to the ROM. Not just the folder, the full path.

You'll probably need to use quotes instead too. Try this:

"C:/Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D/game.cxi" "Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D"

I tested this sort of setup with NeoGeoCD to double check that it would work and could only get it to work without the quotes on the first parameter. For example:

3 Count Bout\3 Count Bout.iso "3 Count Bout"
Aero Fighters 2\Aero Fighters 2.iso "Aero Fighters 2"
Aero Fighters 3\Aero Fighters 3.iso "Aero Fighters 3"
Aggressors Of Dark Kombat\Aggressors Of Dark Kombat.iso "Aggressors of Dark Kombat"

Where the first portion outside the quotes is the folder\filename and the portion inside the quotes is the name of the game that GameEx will display.

5 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

Just to up date you all but this type of game folder arrangement was only recently supported in GameEx without a map file.

You need to use both roms in sub folders and the new roms are folders setting together.

Why you sneaky boy. Here we thought we were being all clever.  :)