All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Just for fun - GameEx in VR.

rockyrocket

37 minutes ago, rockyrocket said:

So the weather here has sucked and I got a tad bored, then decided to skin GameEx to resemble an Elite dangerous panel.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44rtp5LrHGg&feature=youtu.be

You really should .zip it up and upload that theme ! I like the minimalist appearance!

2 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

Love it!

Okay, so I've been in a cave modern gaming wise but I am guessing the game is a sequel to the old Elite game? If so I was just given a reason to get a VR kit.

Wait Tom, you seriously dont know Elite Dangerous? Yes, it is a awesome Sequel to original Elite.

@rockyrocket: I dont get it, is this now possible to do with GameEx or did you mod Elite Dangerous? Anyway nice idea :) .

Not really sure how useful the theme is but uploaded it anyway.

So yeah elite is all I really play now (at least for the last three years anyway), and the whole VR thing is a literal game changer - although google earth VR kicks rear as well.

I had to use a few out of game tools to pull the panel into game, and also move the play space about around me etc but enjoy that kind of stuff anyway.

Youtube rendered that video horribly and and at a really low res for some reason?.

Anyway here is another one featuring the universes most versatile front end!.

3 hours ago, stigzler said:

So it can play videos and music, but does it launch emulators? If so you soooooo gotta get the original elite up and running on that bad boy. Huh?

That is not impossible you know :).

Currently I am catching just the one window (GameEx in windowed mode) to save resources - hence the flash games as they do not spawn a new window with a different title.

Not tried it but whole desktop capture is possible with Ovrdrop, Oculus dash also works but I loose the ability to change opacity and fine grained placement.

May have a play again sunday :P.

• Like 1