All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Couple of games wont load the playfield when launched in Pinball X

Cue777

I have a few games that I have noticed lately that the playfield will not load, unless I click the mouse one time on it. Back to the future, Eight Ball, and Medusa are the 3 that I have found so far.

When loaded with Pinball X the backglass and DMD both load but the playfield stays Black till I click the mouse one time on it. Doesnt do it launching directly from Visual Pinball.

Any ideas?

Please attach copies of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files in reply to this thread and whenever reporting an issue. Also , we will need to know if you have the LAV codecs installed, the format of your video files for the 3 that are impacted.

1 hour ago, Draco1962 said:

Please attach copies of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files in reply to this thread and whenever reporting an issue. Also , we will need to know if you have the LAV codecs installed, the format of your video files for the 3 that are impacted.

I think I remember installing lav codecs, are they for the video files to be able to play when browsing PinballX? I use PBXrecorder to make table and backglass videos. Also what video files are you referring to? Table or backglass? They are mp4 format..

Just noticed Fathom does it too, seems like only older games do it.

log.txt

PinballX.ini

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, real life kinda gets in the way, what with the holidays, jobs, etc. Sorry it is taking so long. I don't have those tables so not sure I can suggest anything that may work. What version of VP are these tables and do you see any error messages from VP when you ALT-TAB ?

Why are you still on VP9? Have you looked into the vp10 converted versions of these games?

This sounds like a focus issue more than anything. You might try a AHK script that will simulate a mouse click for your vp9 tables. Also try different versions of the table and see if it does the same.  When i had a table did not show i just searched for a different version and used the one that worked with PBX.

Version 9.9.4

I have converted most to VPX already but there are just some that havent been made for VPX like Eight ball.

They were all working fine, not sure after what that they started doing it.

I found another thread where someone had the same issue with other tables. Yes it is a focus issue.

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=37555&hl=