All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Game Extender

Ricci

Silly question..but trying to find out "how" game extender works..can someone enlighten me to the process??

It is a remote process?? If so, which port by default needs to be opened??

Thanks

Silly question..but trying to find out "how" game extender works..can someone enlighten me to the process??

It is a remote process?? If so, which port by default needs to be opened??

Thanks

GameExtender runs when GameEx is running, and runs on the IP address and port that you specify. So open the port specified. I think the default is 8383.

The question really is how do you want to use it, either on the same PC on a second monitor in which case you can specify of 127.0.01 or on your local network to perhaps your laptop etc, then you need to specifiy the IP address of the network card of the PC gameex is running on and if using a personal firewall open up the port. If you want to have it enabled across the interent it gets a little complex, and your probably better doing some reading elsewhere.

Thanks Tom..I thought that was what was going on..I configured all my ports/network and router so I can do what you mentioned, but wanted to make sure that was the intended use!! As always, I appreciate your time and energy in this matter! Each upgrade is getting better and better!!

GameExtender runs when GameEx is running, and runs on the IP address and port that you specify. So open the port specified. I think the default is 8383.

The question really is how do you want to use it, either on the same PC on a second monitor in which case you can specify of 127.0.01 or on your local network to perhaps your laptop etc, then you need to specifiy the IP address of the network card of the PC gameex is running on and if using a personal firewall open up the port. If you want to have it enabled across the interent it gets a little complex, and your probably better doing some reading elsewhere.

What does it actually display though? That may seem silly, but I don't want to go through the process of hooking up another monitor w/out knowing how/what information it displays. Does it just show the game you are playing, does it display high scores or statistics or is that more or less up to how you set it up? That's what I have not been able to find out. Thanks.

What does it actually display though? That may seem silly, but I don't want to go through the process of hooking up another monitor w/out knowing how/what information it displays. Does it just show the game you are playing, does it display high scores or statistics or is that more or less up to how you set it up? That's what I have not been able to find out. Thanks.

It displays the same as is shown on the GameEx Live page:

http://tomspeirs.com/gameEx/live.aspx