All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

User Submitted Themes & Media (Uploads)

Tom Speirs

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi folks. Don't know if this is the right place to post this but... It's a boot skin (more or less the same as the image Tom included with InstantSheller). Big thank you goes to Harris Paraskeva (AKA Cyberworld) for the moving progress bar. The program BootSkin is required. I intend to use this and InstantSheller to hide Log On/Off screens and shell into GameEX.

BootSkins.zip

• 2 weeks later...

kept busy today, atari 5200 (montezuma's revenge), 7800 (donkey kong junior), 32x (doom), gameboy (megaman).

will upload a mikeade 1.2 upgrade tomorrow. still have a ways to go on completion.

post-915-1185230677_thumb.png

post-915-1185230702_thumb.png

post-915-1185230720_thumb.png

post-915-1185230736_thumb.png

Hi, all,

This is my first try at a theme.

I liked the mce background (the one that shows snaps/vids as a background)

As I am neither a Paint shop pro/Photoshop geru I went for the plagurize route!

(I don't know whether this is good/bad etiquete so if I stood on any toes then I appoligise!)

What i modified:

Changed the font to size 4 so you can read the text better on a 4:3 TV - changed this in the theme.ini file

Used the 'Gold' selector bar from the main website i.e the bar selector zip file

Instead of Console logos I have used Company logos,

It works best in 16bit colour, as I found that the original theme worked faster, but the main background looked pixelated in 16 bit (, this was the original reason for modification.

For the default background I used the Game Ex logo.

With the Video/pics in the background it does look awesome, but then again, I'm not known for my taste :lol:

As I have said before, as this isn't wholly an original theme, I don't know if I'm 'doing the right thing'

Here is a link to where I'm hosting it btw, if that's ok too...

http://www.biggerontheinside.co.uk/downloa...arge%20Font.zip

Please comment.... and be nice/nasty etc ;)

Cheers

T-Jay

Ok everyone, i've changed up the MIKEADE for it's name now is Kab.net.. (figured who besides someone named mike would have wanted it previously)

also I've changed up all the backgrounds to jet black making it easier on the eyes and i think i've improved it by far.. all existing emubaks have been updated to look like this... i'll pm night and see if he can put the refurbished Kab.net up on the themes page...

p.s. looks extra great if you have the emumovies isntead of snaps. stretched the movies to 640x480.

post-915-1186450902_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ah ok. i thougt you were doin all things in your way :D

but handhelds? are there psp emulators for pc? :D

wellwell :D if oud do a crhome ultra 64 logo like the original it would be awsome.

theyr sickly rare also. hard to find eaven pics of these. these are from KI and cRuzn USa respectivly

http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd149/f...rent=ultra2.jpg

http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd149/f...rent=ultra1.jpg

that would be awsome :D (something like that) do ad an flare of your own if you manage to get it to look

more metallic and cool

(if and when you find spare time)

peace!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, being in the incapacity of making Nologic's Zinc Loader/Wrapper work (don't know why...) to use Zinc 1.1 in standalone emulator, i decide to solve this by making my own loader...a simple VB script which works prety well and is easily editable (right clic > modify).

To make it work with GameEx:

1) make sure all is already configured with ZiNc (rom directory, controller, renderer...) and GameEx (paths...)

2) copy in the GameEx configuration 'Command line' field: Zinc.vbs [ROM]

3) put the script (.vbs) in the same directory as ZiNc.exe

I made a little batch file (.bat) to test the script in command line without launching GameEx, it must be on the same directory as ZiNc.exe as well and can be removed when you want.

That's all, thanks Tom for your great application ;)

Zinc_VBscript.zip

wide2fr7.png

More info & screens in this post.

EDIT: Optional Vista selector bar for 'hybrid blue widescreen' here

Downloads:

My Games For MCE.zip (8.89 MB)

Hybrid Blue - Widescreen.zip (29.19 MB)

Glad to see some Widescreen themes being created. Once I get my stuff together, I'll be designing some widescreen themes as well. I'm going to be running on a 50" Sony Widescreen TV. So having a widescreen GameEX setup is a must for me!

Good work

So here's what we got so far:

I updated the Extended MAME Icon Pack to it's final version. All the games in all categories of the favorites files are current as of MAME 0.120 (which happily adds SF3 among some other less significant releases). I also seperated MAZE & PUZZLE games to be two seperate catagories and created an icon for each. The update includes all folders, icons, and GameEx default icons:

CHQ_MEU_2.png

These can be downloaded here:

CHQ Extended MAME Icons Pack (v0.120)

For those of you who prefer the default MAME icons for GameEx, that pack includes all the default categories. This is a screenie of the new logos:

newicons.png

and is available for download here:

Default MAME icons for GameEx

All icons in both packs have had the Absolute Black bug fixed (thanks Headkaze!), and the new icons have been further smoothed to remove any impurities that were there before (which was really noticable in the Valhalla theme).

I want to make sure and thank Amos82 for the original design, and for donating the PSD file that made it possible for me to use the original text and gloss in both the default and extended icons. Without Amos, GameEx just wouldn't be as cool and as colorful as it is now. I also want to thank Firebrand X for his Valhalla theme, which actually inspired these icons. Big props!

TO INSTALL:

Simply unzip the rar archive using WinRAR, WinACE or 7-zip.

For the default pack: Overwrite and/or place all the logos contained in the MAME Icons folder in the current theme's MEDIA/LOGOS folder.

Then, you simply need to open GameEx and you'll be able to see the new logos.

For the Extended pack: Follow above instructions and also place all the logos contained in the Favorites/Icons folder in the current theme's MEDIA/LOGOS folder.

Extract the contents Favorites Folders to a convienient place on your hard drive. The default GameEx path is in 'customfolders' within your MAME directory.

Next, go into GameEx settings, and point GameEx at this folder. The setting is under Basic MAME Settings in the Advanced Configuration menu. On the second page, point GameEx at the folder you created for the ini files under the 'Custom Lists Path' option.

Launch GameEx, go into the MAME menu and select the 'Update List' option. GameEx will ask if you're sure, click the box to proceed.

Wait for a while. Spend some time with your kids. Heck, write some overly complicated pseudocode for figuring interest on your credit cards and email it to me. I wouldn't mind! :D

If you did everything right, after the list updates, you should be able to see the new genres with selectable games contained in the list.

Should you have any questions or problems, please report them in the release thread located here.

Thanks for downloading and enjoy! :)

• 2 months later...

I made a few logos for emulators that I installed. Since I am already using Noligic's logos, I tried to match his logos. I am out of practice with Photoshop so they didn't come out as good as I would have like but here they are.

MaxxDamage

post-38-1199080384_thumb.png post-38-1199080356_thumb.png post-38-1199080367_thumb.png post-38-1199080335_thumb.png post-38-1199080644_thumb.png