All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

User Submitted Themes & Media (Uploads)

Tom Speirs

As far as logos go, I am with ya. I recently released some new logo packs and am finding where there are a few that I missed or need to correct, etc.. on and on. I guess determining when to share is a matter of deciding a cutoff point, zipping it up, and uploading to the site. For me that is usually when I get bored with a theme or have a new idea put a bug up my butt to create something.

No theme is going to be 100% complete I guess. I have started working with .xcf files (GIMPs version of the .psd) when I finalize a change graphic to place within a foreground or background image. Other than the basic screens that are needed by GameEx "right out of the box" for a first time install, that is about where I would say it is finished for sharing.

Some more suggestions for themes (most based on video games, movies or TV - where I spent most of my youth and a great part of my adulthood or second childhood according to my wife). The list is mainly those that included some sort of computer interfaces/displays that could be creatively adapted for theme use.

A short list: Space 1999, Star Trek, Star Wars, The Last Starfighter, Dune, Tron (Original and Legacy), Wing Commander, Enemy Mine, War Games, Close Encounters, Iron Man, Transformers, Batman, Apollo 13.

Well then, Drac... What do you say we get together and host a competition? ;)

I'll see if I can get some of the other staffers on board too.

I like it Drac! Looks awesome (as all your work does)! May be just my phone rendering the image funny, but it's kinda hard to read the text.

I made some images to display on my 2nd monitor when a game is launched using Marquee Magician. I thought I'd share them in case anyone wanted them. Here's some examples:

There's 25 images in the pack so far, and they're at 1366x768. You can download the rar here.

Very attractive theme Mike! I especially like the way your MouseOver looks! Professional work as always! :)

As if your themes aren't the cream of the crop? I'd be interested in seeing what themes people use, and I'm sure yours are (rightfully so) right at the top of that list. :)

Giga Drive v1.2

Theme Version: 4

Resolution: Giga_Drive_HD looks good at any 16:9 resolution (16:10 also looks ok). Giga_Drive_SD is for 4:3 displays.

This is the custom theme I made for my HTPC, "Giga Drive". It's probably slightly rough under some people's configs as I don't use a few of GameEx's features. The TrueType fonts under the "Fonts" folders also need to be installed for things to look as intended...

gigadrive1-t.jpg

gigadrive2-t.jpg

gigadrive3-t.jpg

gigadrive-SD-t.jpg

Download Theme (13MB 7zip Archive)

Silver X - Thanks first for sharing! Great theme - a simple, list-oriented design that pulls in the desired functions without overloading the display elements. My son loves anything bio-hazard - Resident Evil - zombie oriented and your background nails that for him for certain!

Enter the Dragon Theme now available for download!

I have included the contents of both Logo packs 2 & 3 along with some recent additions and corrections not included in those packs. Please take a look and let me have your feedback regarding!

Thanks!

Mike

Man I love this theme! I'm using it on my cab as I type this. I didn't know GameEx supported RSS feeds. Also Silver X great looking theme man! ;)

Thanks! Glad to contribute to the community and share my "mad skilz." :lol: There is quite a bit of talent in our user community (capable of more amazing things than I am) and I hope the competition the admins are backing draws more contributions from them!

Thanks! Glad to contribute to the community and share my "mad skilz." :lol: There is quite a bit of talent in our user community (capable of more amazing things than I am) and I hope the competition the admins are backing draws more contributions from them!

No problem man! I agree we could always use more themes! :)