All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

User Submitted Themes & Media (Uploads)

Tom Speirs

Here are some more replacement icons for the Carbon & Steel theme.

I have added a few more alternate logo files for PC Games, Not Played, Horizontal, Light Gun, Vertical, Vector, Theme Changer, Spinner, Trackball, Multiplayer here.

does anyone know where I can get nes,snes,and n64 box art,cartridge scans and instruction manuals?they are the only ones i cannot seem to find....any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks everyone....M

An excellent source for all of those can be found at emumovies.com . Another is Greatflash's site The RetroBytes Portal . You may also want to check out the various links and logo packs found at gameex.net.

EDIT: LOL - I gues Tom and I were responding at about the same time!

I've been playing with a theme for my machine, thoughts? I can make a few base files for people to mod if you guys want. I only have Daphne/MAME/Zinc/SNES loaded to it's not a complete theme. You may recognize the arcade element from another FE.

post-4706-128304264229_thumb.jpg

edit: Ha, that's what I get for making posts on a 640x432 screen, wrong thread!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone !

Just a quick post to share an concept for a theme that im developing.

Please tell me what you think.

Concept 1

post-4791-128503795127_thumb.jpg

Concept 2

post-4791-128503934683_thumb.jpg

The main idea is :

1- Have a clear look , just using basic colors.

2- Be able to use a text based game list and a thumb based one.

3- Show a big video preview, but not so big (as my last theme)

4- This time I'm going to do an HD version

5- Good Font Visualization in SD TVs.

About the picture

1- The TOP red bar , is reserved to GameEx menu.

2- The simbol [ ^ ] poiting up and down represents the GameEx list arrows.

3- I'm planing to put list numbers and date/time.

4- This is just a mockup that I did in photoshop.

So PLEASE if you want to share some toughts please let me know !

I'm open to sugestions (better colors combination ?)

:D

Hi Everyone !

Just a quick post to share an concept for a theme that im developing.

Please tell me what you think.

Concept 1

post-4791-128503795127_thumb.jpg

Concept 2

post-4791-128503934683_thumb.jpg

The main idea is :

1- Have a clear look , just using basic colors.

2- Be able to use a text based game list and a thumb based one.

3- Show a big video preview, but not so big (as my last theme)

4- This time I'm going to do an HD version

5- Good Font Visualization in SD TVs.

About the picture

1- The TOP red bar , is reserved to GameEx menu.

2- The simbol [ ^ ] poiting up and down represents the GameEx list arrows.

3- I'm planing to put list numbers and date/time.

4- This is just a mockup that I did in photoshop.

So PLEASE if you want to share some toughts please let me know !

I'm open to sugestions (better colors combination ?)

biggrin.gif

I like the concept. Are you considering different colors for different categories (i.e., Blue for MAME, Red for Consoles, Yellow for Handhelds, Green for Multimedia, etc.)?

I like the first best. With the color throughout, it may be easier to associate with specific areas of GameEx, especially for those with children.

I like the concept. Are you considering different colors for different categories (i.e., Blue for MAME, Red for Consoles, Yellow for Handhelds, Green for Multimedia, etc.)?

I like the first best. With the color throughout, it may be easier to associate with specific areas of GameEx, especially for those with children.

Draco , about the diferent colors I didn't think about it at first.

But now that you mentioned it , Yes we can do it! ;)

I personally have a preference for darker colors.

For me its hard to make something with Green and Yellow (for example) that don't burn eyes! :D

So that's why I prefer darker tones.

If you have some color scheme please let me know.

Thanks ! B)

Draco , about the diferent colors I didn't think about it at first.

But now that you mentioned it , Yes we can do it! wink.gif

I personally have a preference for darker colors.

For me its hard to make something with Green and Yellow (for example) that don't burn eyes! biggrin.gif

So that's why I prefer darker tones.

If you have some color scheme please let me know.

Thanks ! cool.gif

Darker shades of Green and Yellow as opposed to the pure primary color would probably work best. If you are using the top bar for the GameEx Menu, then you will want colors that lend contrast to the text of the menu. I had considered incorporating color carbon fiber textures as part of the backgrounds of a revised Carbon & Steel theme but decided I would probably reserve that for a new theme altogether.

Colors I considered were a Primary Blue for Arcade (MAME, KAWAKS, etc.), Primary Red for Consoles, Primary Green for Handhelds, Darker Orange for PC/PC type systems. Goldenrod for Multimedia, Gray for Apps.

It's your theme so do what you want to with it! You have a very creative eye for the program and I am sure whatever you come up with will be well received!

• 2 weeks later...

I have added images for a sneak peak of "Carbon & Steel 1.5" - most of the changes are cosmetic, some are to have better identification in the Title bar for various systems. Since this takes a bit longer to customize, I'm focussing on more of the frequently emulated systems and will include specific instructions for those using the theme for creating their own custom system backgrounds and will supply the blank backkground files for doing just that. Other changes will include an updated logo pack featuring many of the logos I have uploaded on page 16 of this thread and more that I have not. Sound files have also been updated, but can be changed easily enough by most anyone to their liking.

post-5872-022132400 1286301981_thumb.png

post-5872-081225100 1286301989_thumb.png

post-5872-060074300 1286301997_thumb.png

That's looking very nice Draco, I like it!

Thanks! It is taking me longer in part because I am also creating extras that accomodate my use of Custom Menus which require their own logos. WIll also need to go through and clean up a few things before submitting. I had been asked if I would make 800x600 and 1024x768 screens. Due to time, energy, etc. that will not be the case this go around. I would like to get to a point where I am playing more rather than creating and modding the theme!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey GameEx gang!

I just got done putting some Mario Bros decals on my cab, and I wanted to make a bezel that matches my decals and my marquee, so I put this together for anyone who wants to use it.

If you decide to overwrite the one GameEx uses, be sure you set the properties to "read only" so it doesn't get overwritten everytime you update. **EDIT-No longer needed. ;)

Here ya go! Enjoy!

post-680-036903700 1288223225_thumb.png

OK, this is spawning another enhancement request from yours truly! B)

Would it be possible to program GameEx to install from random bezel files so long as they have _bezel.png in the filename and are placed in the BEZEL or BEZELV2 directories? I have seen quite a few bezels in my online travels that I would like to see displayed

You can use 'The Randomizer' to accomplish that task. The Randomizer can randomize anything on start up. If you want GameEx to change bezels after start up, that's a different story.

Click on my signature for a link.

That'll work for me! That is is more what I was thinking (with each startup) for those with multiple bezels and schizophrenic cabs with multiple personality disorders. You are awesome! Thanks!

Sucking up is always appreciated. ;):P

Yeah, well, it is what it is. I didn't read all of the instructions, but I assume that I could use this to also randomize background images, etc. and not just one set of images, correct?

Ive just uploaded a new theme that uses the new simple interface mode and new low resolution capability of V4 themes. Works good on AVGA cards with low res arcade monitor. Requires latest GameEx version.

Simple Mode Low Res ArcadeVGA

http://www.gameex.com/themes/Simple%20Mode%20Low%20Res%20ArcadeVGA.zip

Tom how can I change view on this theme?