All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

User Submitted Themes & Media (Uploads)

Tom Speirs

One more quick update !

I´ve made today the GameEx loading screen.

I think this week I can finish the whole theme !

B)

I just want to say, I can't freaking wait to give your theme a spin! Great job!

One more quick update !

I´ve made today the GameEx loading screen.

post-4791-127282067198_thumb.png

I think this week I can finish the whole theme !

B)

Great job! I am looking forward to giving your theme a go as well! It will be a while before I can consider sharing anything quite as finished as what you have done so far. I am still working to better my knowledge of how the emus work, since I can't afford Photo Shop I am tinkering wiht Gimp, and, not to forget trying to master theme editor and determine how all the elements tie together to function so well. I have seen exampls at sites for the various frontends lots of great talent and hope to be able to add to it as I learn more.

I like the new look vsilvalopes! I can't wait for it to be complete, especially a widescreen version :).

I don't suppose you might share where to grab those title snapshots of games without doing it all one by one myself. I have video previews but can't find a good source of title snapshots to use as the game list.

+1 for WS support. If he puts out the PSD, I may just do that myself. ;)

I get all my snaps and videos from Circo over at emumovies.com and he does a fine job. Well worth the price of admission. You should check it out. :)

Once this theme is done, I would like to see how it looks with zcarl's animated system icons. I bet it would be killer! :)

Just signed up as a lifetime member for emumovies. The ftp is very fast! I managed to grab just about everything fairly quickly. I've even started making my own vids for a few that aren't in emumovies yet, such as about 15 or so US NES games. It's not that hard at all (using fraps and virtualdub) but then again I'm not using the nice transition effects that Circo uses simply due to time. I might mess around with that another time to get them the quality needed to upload them to the ftp. My ultimate goal is to get a front box art image and video preview for all my systems on my cabinet.

I like how the theme is going vsilvalopes. I'll have you know I've only really been checking this site every few days just to check on your theme haha :).

Hi Everyone !

Today I've reached the last part of the theme.

The part of doing the GameEx logos for standard operations , like Shutdown , Search , Favorites and other stuffs.

This one is the trick one. Because I have to made a theme for everyone , not just for my setup right ?

Well , below the logos that I've created at the moment.

I used a small text to explain what does the function do.

So if everyone has a better text , PLEASE let me know ! I´m brazilian and sometimes my english betray me !

So here it comes.

post-4791-127329024859_thumb.pngpost-4791-127329025176_thumb.pngpost-4791-127329025422_thumb.pngpost-4791-127329025726_thumb.pngpost-4791-127329026071_thumb.pngpost-4791-127329026411_thumb.pngpost-4791-127329405207_thumb.pngpost-4791-127329405481_thumb.pngpost-4791-127329405755_thumb.pngpost-4791-127329405987_thumb.pngpost-4791-127329406259_thumb.png

Below two screenshots of how it looks within GameEx.,

This is not my GameEx Setup , is just one to do the theme testing thing.

post-4791-127329037274_thumb.jpgpost-4791-12732903909_thumb.jpg

I will develop more the first page.

Thinking about to put some game characters on it.

Thanks for all the support ! It really keeps me going ! :D

Vsilvalopes,

I have been fortunate enough to travel to various countries. I find it funny when someone will apologize for their use of English as a second language. I always respond with 'Don't worry about it, your English is way better than my Portuguese' (or whatever language is native to them.)

My suggestion for corrections:

Put your games list up to date > Bring your games list up to date

Or an DVD ISO file > Or a DVD ISO file

Play any game witin GameEx > Play any game within GameEx

The theme is looking great! I look forward to the final release. smile.gif

Hi Everyone !

Today I've reached the last part of the theme.

The part of doing the GameEx logos for standard operations , like Shutdown , Search , Favorites and other stuffs.

This one is the trick one. Because I have to made a theme for everyone , not just for my setup right ?

Well , below the logos that I've created at the moment.

I used a small text to explain what does the function do.

So if everyone has a better text , PLEASE let me know ! I´m brazilian and sometimes my english betray me !

So here it comes.

post-4791-127329024859_thumb.pngpost-4791-127329025176_thumb.pngpost-4791-127329025422_thumb.pngpost-4791-127329025726_thumb.pngpost-4791-127329026071_thumb.pngpost-4791-127329026411_thumb.pngpost-4791-127329405207_thumb.pngpost-4791-127329405481_thumb.pngpost-4791-127329405755_thumb.pngpost-4791-127329405987_thumb.pngpost-4791-127329406259_thumb.png

Below two screenshots of how it looks within GameEx.,

This is not my GameEx Setup , is just one to do the theme testing thing.

post-4791-127329037274_thumb.jpgpost-4791-12732903909_thumb.jpg

I will develop more the first page.

Thinking about to put some game characters on it.

Thanks for all the support ! It really keeps me going ! :D

Vsilvalopes,

Very nice indeed! Very clean lines, shows that you have put much thought into it. Simple yet functional. I have seen some of the themes that others have created for other frontends and I think that GameEx users tend to put together the best themes. I can't wait to test-drive the finished product!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone !

I've managed to finish the theme this weekend !

Here comes the donwload link : http://rapidshare.com/files/388195042/Mustarda-Big_Video__1024x768_.zip.html

Please , be Warned there are some logos that I've need to create.

If you have one in particular , please PM me. I will try to do your logo quickly.

The theme has the resolution of 1024 x 768.

As soon I finish this one , I will try to made the Widescreen version.

So please , if you donwload it , test it and report to me !

I will be glad in fix anything that you encounter wrong !

Just an screenshot for those remind of the theme.

Thanks to everyone that replied my posts ! It really keeps me going!

post-4791-127406358571_thumb.png

• Like 1

After trying your great new theme out,I was wondering if you would consider changing something. Would it be possible to eliminate the "Select Game" image completely? To me it feels a bit off since not everybody has X as the button to select a game, and it blocks a bit of the video anyways.

Couple other minor things: The image for "GameEX" that pops up after your loading screen seems choppy on my screen, I am not sure if that is my own issue or not. Also, on the MAME background's picture the NeoGeo cab's black color shows transparent on my screen. Once again I'm not sure if this is just me.

Thanks again!

After trying your great new theme out,I was wondering if you would consider changing something. Would it be possible to eliminate the "Select Game" image completely? To me it feels a bit off since not everybody has X as the button to select a game, and it blocks a bit of the video anyways.

Couple other minor things: The image for "GameEX" that pops up after your loading screen seems choppy on my screen, I am not sure if that is my own issue or not. Also, on the MAME background's picture the NeoGeo cab's black color shows transparent on my screen. Once again I'm not sure if this is just me.

Thanks again!

I will check it !

Tempest already guided me on how to do it.

About the "Select Game" box , I will remove it. Since not everyone has a PSx joypad hooked into GameEx setup!

Any more things ? :D

Thanks for the feedback !

All - I have uploaded Default - Brokeh 1024x768. As with most themes, it could probably stand some refinements. Feel free to use and abuse to your heart's content! This theme uses the "Brokeh" theme background created for Media Center. If you are using Windows Media Center in addition to GameEx and wish to coordinate your background images between the two, Media Center Studo is a great tool that takes a lot of the fuss out of doing so. You can also find the Brokeh theme (and others)for Windows Media Center here.

I hope to create more (asking for PhotoShop for my b-day, but most likely to see it Christmas so will likely continue playing with GIMP as while) and looking forward to learning how to use additional layers in Theme Editor for more complex and finished work.

Here is another using a variation of one of the Ultimate backgrounds with a different take on the layout. Also I am using 1680x1050.

Looking good man! Hope to see some more soon.

Hi everyone !

I've managed to finish the theme this weekend !

Here comes the donwload link : http://rapidshare.com/files/388195042/Mustarda-Big_Video__1024x768_.zip.html

Please , be Warned there are some logos that I've need to create.

If you have one in particular , please PM me. I will try to do your logo quickly.

The theme has the resolution of 1024 x 768.

As soon I finish this one , I will try to made the Widescreen version.

So please , if you donwload it , test it and report to me !

I will be glad in fix anything that you encounter wrong !

Just an screenshot for those remind of the theme.

Thanks to everyone that replied my posts ! It really keeps me going!

post-4791-127406358571_thumb.png

It looks like the number of allowed downloads has been exceeded, so I can't download it.

It looks like the number of allowed downloads has been exceeded, so I can't download it.

Good morning, Maxx - I assume by your sig that you are into the early computers (Atari 8-bit, C64, etc.). I was really into the Atari 8-bit, having owned an upgraded 800XL (256K RAM), 130 XE, along with 2 1050 HDs (Sparta mod for SSDD), 4 Astra Quad density drives. I ran The Wall BBS in Jacksonville FL on the 800XL (with 20 external HDD and 2400 BPS)on BBS Express Pro from '87-90. For all that I had, I spent nearly what I spent on my current Dell Quad core system. I had a blast at the time adn now find myself collecting the same stuff I had before.

I will check it !

Tempest already guided me on how to do it.

About the "Select Game" box , I will remove it. Since not everyone has a PSx joypad hooked into GameEx setup!

Any more things ? :D

Thanks for the feedback !

Hi Vislivalopes - Would you mind sharing your theme here on the GameEx main site? Let Tom know if you have any difficulties due to size. Thanks!

BTW, the theme is great!

I have uploaded another theme - look for Homeworld here on the GameEx Themes page. I decided to do something a little different this time. First, instead of black list and image locations or locs with borders, I created the areas with about 50% opacity so that the background image shows through. I have included the template I used along with one that has borders. the beauty of it is that if you decide to change the background image, you can apply copy & paste the template as a layer then change the opacity as needed for whatever background you choose so that the list text shows best.

Again, it is at 1680 x 1050 resolution whic may look pretty good on the larger displays. Since 1680 x 1050 is proportionately the same as 1024 x 768, scalling the image down to smaller displays is possbile without distorting the image.

post-5872-127533687709_thumb.png

Arcade84 Dark GameEx Theme by LarryJ

Size: 1024x768

Uses transparent PNG files so looks best in GameEx 11.0+

Credits:

Background - Dave Dries at www.cinemarcade.com

MAME Logos - amos_82 (and Adultery & Firebrand X) of the GameEx forums

Backgrounds for:

Start Screen

MAME

Daphne

Pinball

Jukebox

Consoles

Basic background for all other screens

New Animated Selection Box

Includes Arcade84 Intro video and Wallpaper created by Dave Dries

Also includes PSD file for editing in PhotoShop

For some reason my daughter likes the game images on the left side of the screen, so I

created this modified version of Arcade84. This version feels a bit more complete to me

than the first one.

post-4498-12758028484_thumb.png

post-4498-127580297032_thumb.png

post-4498-127580298107_thumb.png

Hi,

just trying to get the theme by Vislivalopes.... can't seem to find it?

It looks fantastic from the screens shots posted... can't wait to get it!

Brendan

Hi Vislivalopes - Would you mind sharing your theme here on the GameEx main site? Let Tom know if you have any difficulties due to size. Thanks!

BTW, the theme is great!

Oh that's kind of a drag... Vislivalopes theme link on RapidShare gives me this:

Error

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

Anyone have it and willing to share it? Pretty please? ;)

Upload it to somewhere other than RapidShare and that would be cool. Then we could get it up on Tom's Themes page so everyone can enjoy it.