All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Wireless game controller Recommendation

dschulpius

I've read somewhere on this forum where a certain wireless controller is recommended. Can't seem to find it again. So much info, so little  time. LOL. I think what I read was Xbox 360??? What have you all found to be the best wireless game controller to use with both Gamex and most of the emulators? Thanks in advance for your help. 

Thanks for the advice! I don't have any old Xbox controllers. I'll have to buy a new one. I have an older Logitech Cordless Rumbelpad 2 I was using but I've misplaced or through away the USB receiver. :-( A new XBox 360 it is then. 

I need follow up advice. Thanks in advance. Doe this newer Xbox Controller + Wireless Adapter for Windows look like it will be a good choice or should I stick with a XBox 360 controller?

https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Controller-Wireless-Adapter-Windows/dp/B01M5GG9I7/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

51cztbu0zrL._SL1200_.jpg

@dschulpius I have two XboxOne controllers and transmitters and they do work pretty darn good.

The only negative I have found is that the Windows drivers have some minor flaws. One I found is that button assignments for navigating the GameEx menu are off in Windows 7. For some reason, windows switches the select and back button I assign. You can work around it by figuring out the right combo to program so that the combo you want works, but it is annoying when setting up. I do not think I have had any trouble with Windows 10.

Do keep in mind that you usually have to buy rechargeable batteries separately.

I'm really glad I waited before ordering a 360. After your suggestion of the Xbox One I did a little research. The Xbox One sounds like a much better and newer controller then the 360. This one sounds like the one for me! Lots of improvements from the 360. I'll surely also get the proper rechargeable batteries and charger. I don't want to keep pooping in AA batteries. Thanks again! What a great bunch of people here on this forum! 

We have a Logitech L710: https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/product/f710-wireless-gamepad

It works wonderfully and is detected without problems by all my emulators (except those few which don't support joysticks at all), didn't need any manual step to install, and after almost 2 years the battery is still going (although we aren't heavy gamers). I especially like the fact that the 2 analog sticks are aligned, because this is much better for all 2-joysticks MAME games.

I also have an Afterglow wireless gamepad which I bought as a second controller, it was about half the price compared to the L710. It actually works just as well except for the fact that for some reason I always have to unplug+replug the USB transmitter before Windows 7 can detect it :/

• Like 1