All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Launching DosBox games with batch files with Gamex

dschulpius

There may be a simple answer but I can't seem to work through this. Is it still possible to start batch flies with Gamex. I had this working years ago in an old version of Gamex. Now I've upgraded everything. From all I've read about Gamex and DosBox I thought all I had to do was point the path to them like a Rom In the Gamex command line like I do with other emulators. 

Inside of Gamex I can see the name of the game I wantto launch in DosBox but it's "grayed out" and I can't click on it.

Do you think I just have the command line or path screwed up and Gamex is picking up the game's name from the database I have chosen? 

I can click on the batch files outside of Gamex and DosBox will start and run the game just fine. 

I can't send any of my configuration or log files till later because I'm at work on lunch break right now. I can attach later this evening however. I just thought I'd ask some advice first. 

I solved this. I had the 7zip feature enabled in the advanced emulator set up section. When I said no to this option Gamex made the game names active in the game list and it then started launching the bat files.

Way to sleuth it out! Some of the games I run are through DOSBox, but they are ones I purchased via GoG.com and I load them differently using an emulator slot for PC Games and have the .lnk files (Windows Shortcuts) in a separate folder.