All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX slows down tables

SPAMP

I see a noticeable loss of table play performance inside PinballX vs running VPX 10.4beta. This is the first front end I have ever put over either VP9 or VPX. Any thoughts on boosting performance inside PinX?

The tables are unplayable when compared to a straight launch in Visual Pinball.

Heeeeelp!  =) 

I didn't realize that the logs overwrite. Here is a log from game play. I also experienced the delay with High Speed running in VPX. Haunted House in VP9 was hard to tell (not sure there was any degradation there).

issue is mainly ball and flippers. Again do not experience any delay or graphic issues with direct launch VPX.

log.txt

6 hours ago, rablack97 said:

what version of pbx are you running, the most recent?

are you running DOF?

the log file shows 22:08:11.2  11/28/2017:  PinballX - Version 2.50.

No no DOF unless it is on by default. Can it be disabled? 

DOF is an an add-on just trying to see what all you have going on that might be causing this.

@Tom Speirs added performance enhancements in 2.50 so not sure why you are experiencing this with your rig.  I can assure it's not a PBX issue as many of us current issues aren't experiencing this unplayable lag you're having.

Try setting up some of the other emulators and see if the have the same issue or if this is just VPX specific, did you post this at Vpinball.com to see if anyone else was having the same problem with VPX i'm on 2.40 beta as well, as no performance issues via PBX.

With everyones rig having different hardware, it's hard to troubleshoot. VPX as stated is just a front end for table browsing and launching, once the table is launched, unless you have DOF, DOFLINX, PINUP, etc type plugins running in the background, I can't think of any reasons why your having problems.

You ini and log file look good to me, did you try other tables or just that one? 

All tables I tired are experiencing the issue. I did post on Vpinball.com and someone said that a user WRD  was having the same/similar issue. I am still looking for that thread. Rig is an optiplex with upgraded PS and GPU. 

Thanks for looking into the issue. I'll run outside of the front end for now. 

Is there a minimal setting set that PinballX can recommend? In otherwords what are the features inside of PinballX that would cause delay that could be turned off?

none that i can think of, once the table loads there should be much running in the background in regards to PBX that would cause play lag.

Im not doubting you have enough power, but we all go through pains, i've had an issue on my rig, that was non-existant on others.  Working through an issue now with this new pinup feature, videos are offset on mine but nobody else seems to have the problem.

Try looking at your VPX settings and make sure all of your video codecs are up to date

• Thanks 1

Ya know something I forgot about this error. I am only getting in my cab and not on my laptop. I had been just dragging it off to the side in VPX and it does not affect the play/speed at all. Wonder if PinballX does not like what is going on..... I will have to look into resolving the .NET Unhandled exception and report back. If anyone knows anything about this please chime in!! ~Thanks 

https://imgur.com/a/y84MV

^---<--- Pic of error