All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[APP] RecalBoxER

stigzler

Given it's not GameEx, I'm posting this here rather than User Projects. I know a few of you have SBC builds and the new stable version of recalbox is out (4.1). Given it some testing and I'd deffo recommend it for 'out of the box' performance. 

I'm making a gift for a friend involving a Pi3 and recalbox. Now, he aint too tech savvy, so he's gonna need point and click rom management. I wanted to cut out all of the uncertainty about transferring roms manually via the windows shares and also all the hassles with rom extentions etc. Thus, RecalBoxER is born:

Explorer.pngmanager.png

If of any use to any of you, you'll find it here:

https://sites.google.com/view/magoarcade/software/recalboxer

For any coders amongst you, there were a couple of points of interest in this project:

- Sourcing a decent web browser control to replace the archaic internet explorer-based one. In the end went for something called dotnetbrowser - very reliable and lowest footprint I could find @ 50Mb (chromium based). Just hoping their promise of a free license to open source devs comes true...

- Had to design a mini file explorer interface (above) as weirdly, there are few winforms controls for this. The only one I could find cost about $4382. Ironically, the aforementioned archaic webbrowser control came back into play. If you send it file locations, it acts like windows explorer! Who'da thunk it. Very happy with the way it turned out: fast, responsive and with all the Win Explorer features preserved!

Right, back to reality...

• Like 1

V1.1.0

Big Update
Added:
ROM drag and drop adds game to databse.
You can now edit a game's metadata, including images from Recalboxer 
Can drag and drop images from the built in browser to the game image or drag and drop image file form file browser.
Now auto adds game's metadata to folders that contain gamefiles (e.g. Psx + Dreamcast)
Individual game scraping system - allows individual scraping (no need to use Recalbox scraper anymore)
System game scraping - v fast + full control over scrape parameters in settings.

Updated video in original post.