All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[CONFIRMED] Bug - Removing games from list

Evilforces

8 minutes ago, Tom Speirs said:

Okay please try this.

kill "GameEx_Background.exe" if is running.

Make a backup of GameEx.ini

Delete "ExcludedFilesWithNames" and "ExcludedFiles" From each ini section starting with [EMULATOR_

Delete the entire [INTERNAL] Secttion of the INI

Hi @Tom Speirs!!

Because I don't want to make something wrong, attached is my actual gameex.ini.

Please, make the changes you want and post it to download and try.

Thank you!!

GameEx.ini

1 hour ago, Evilforces said:

I know you think it's only a problem on my system, but I'm sure this is a bug... probably due a configuration with my GameEx installation, but a bug that only happen with latest version.

I'm not sure how you got that impression from me, but you missed the mark. I was wondering if using the old executable might have resolved some issue in other files it interacts with. If that is the case, then not only might your setup be fixed, but it might give Tom some differences to compare with in the code.

Even if one person is the only one experiencing an issue, I assure you that the people who help out here would like to get them fixed up. Some issues are just more difficult to sort out.

Good catch with trying another executable though.

• Like 1

Hi Tom,

Only want to inform that version 15.06 still having the problem. I tried both original gameex.ini and your modified gameex.ini.

Can't remove games and games removed previously appear on list again with 15.06 exe.

Only to inform you.

Thanks.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or just being dumb. I do have this feature enabled in the Setup program but can't find any reference in Gamex that would let me delete a game from a list of any of my emulators. I read somewhere that I should hit delete? However when I try that after highlighting the name nothing happens. Could this be related to the issue Evilforces is having or just me being a noob?

Hi @dschulpius!!

To remove a game from  your emulator list you only need to higlight the game  you want to remove, then press the "Del" key (a message appears to confirm the game remove) press the confirm button or enter key and the game will remove from the list.

You need to have on your setup:

Disable Delete Games

Disable Remove Game turns off the ability to remove games from lists with the delete key.
Options
  • Yes
  • No (Default)

Good Luck!!

Hi @Tom Speirs!!

Attached are 3 zips:

1 - Log and gameex.ini with 14.78 version exe

2 - Log and gameex.ini with 15.06 version exe

3 - Log and gameex.ini modified by you with 15.06 version exe

Do you need something more?

1 - 1478 - normal ini.zip

2 - 1506 - normal ini.zip

3 - 1506 - modified ini.zip

Hi Tom,

Only want to inform you that 15.07 version still having problems with remove feature. I suppose you know it because you didn't posted here, but just in case you want to know the evolution of the problem.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

As I said, I am not ignoring you. I just have not got time right now and its not something I can duplicate myself and is not affecting everyone so its not a quick fix or a massive problem in the big picture. You should delete the games themselves in the mean time

Thanks.

Tom.