All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Command line to Launch Amiga gameswith WinUAE

dschulpius

I'm slowly setting up emulators through Gamex. I've successfully got several going. Mame, Daphne, WinVice, and a few more. I'm having trouble getting WinUAE to launch a game. I have version 3.5.0 installed and can launch and run a game outside of Gamex. However the best I can do with Gamex launching the process is to have WinUAE start and then all I see is a image of a upsidedown 3.5" diskette with the toolkit words across it. 

My image files are all zipped but I have the option marked YES on the Advanced Emulator setup to use a Zip program. Could this be part of the issue or could I be screwing up the command line? What is the proper line to use? 

Thanks in advance. 

Try checking this post first, the through the rest of the thread for command lines, map files, etc.

Always check the FAQ section for guides and posts first. If you are in doubt, attach copies of your gameex.ini and log.txt files for review.

Yeah, lots of things that will help.  However I don't see anything for Amiga. Maybe if I can't find an answer from you kind and knowing people here I'll go over and ask on the WinUAE forum. I'll keep playing around with it also. Thanks again. 

You can also click in the Search field in the upper-right of the screen and select All Content and type WinUAE and get quite a few hits for threads on the subject. One thing you will discover is that Amiga emulation can be a little dodgy.

2017-11-20_13-42-16.png