All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Permanently set 3 screens

sparkie

Bit off topic but is there any way to permanently set the 3 screens in windows 7.  What happens is that it all works spot on unless i forget to turn on the playfield before loading then it screws all the screens up even when shutting down and restarting,  The screen order changes and has to be put in the correct order again.  I want this to run completely independent so the kids can turn it on and it runs smoothly.  Even if it would go back to original config when its turned off and back in again.

There is no way to do this natively in Windows nor would you want it to should your primary display fail.

Most video cards software have the ability to save a profile with your preferred order, so that may help.

Does your TV have an auto on feature? HDMI-CEC equipped? Depending on the manufacturer this feature has different names. I would also post over at VP forums virtual cabs.

My TV is a cheapo brand and does not do auto on. I have to use a remote.

No I have solved the issue by splicing into hdmi cable and cutting the wire that goes to pin 19 on the hdmi plug.  Pin 19 tells  windows the tv  has shut down or gone to sleep.  This way it shows always on and never changes the display config.  I had to hack into the back of the tv in the first place and solder my own on off switch as it only sits in sleep mode when you turn it on at wall and there is no remote access the way it is in my cab..The other 2 displays come on with wall plug switch..

Ewww that sounds ugly man....

That's always a rule of thumb when building a cab, is buy a tv the remembers the last power state on shut down, so your smart strip works to synchronize your PC with your screens at power up, as long as the tv's are on at power-up windows will remember what TV was set to which via the port.

You can easily test this by turning on the tv, unplugging, and then plugging back in.

Also instead of hacking your TV up,  one of these would of worked just as well.

BAFX Products® - Peephole style hidden IR Receiver - For BAFX Products IR Repeater Kit

coupled with one of these

Product Details

I have the eye mounted nicely in the cab, and can control my sound system, backglass, playfield and 3rd screen monitors.

Every blue moon, the TV's lose power state, all i have to do is point to the eye and turn them all back on.  This is also my volume control without having to open up the coin door.

Get you one of these too if you can...pc plugs into blue, and tv's into green, red is for always on peripherals.  Once the pc is turned on it turns on all devices plugged into green and when pc shuts down it powers down all devices plugged into green.

You would just have to set your bios to ensure the PC is totally shutting down and not set to power saving idle state.

One momentary switch wired to power on your mobo and now you have a one button all on solution.

image.jpeg.004a7bf3d27f9aad90f3ac0778e28896.jpeg

• Thanks 1

The plug idea is very good.  I will get one of those but wanted my cab totally remote free. Now thats what i have.  No need for anything except 2 momentary switches discreetly under cab.  One for pc and one for tv on hack so i don't have to use remote.  Usually have newer tv's in cabs i build but this was made up of old stuff for my bar cost efective..