All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

total newb

Apollo13

Hello,

I just wanted to check in and say hello...

I have several pinball machines, but thought this would be cool to try out, as I have run out of room in my garage to hold anymore :)

I have downloaded pinballx and am currently setting it up on an older desktop computer to see how it works.

any tips or tricks that might help me... I'm open  :)

thanks for having me, I hope to be able to contribute to the forum in short order.

PEACE

Apollo13

100_5958.jpg

cant seem to get this to work... pick the table, it says loading, and then goes back to the pick table screen

if I go into game list manager it says im missing everything  lol  that could be why it doesn't work...

now, how to get some games

off to youtube  lol

you might want to start with the individual emulators first, PBX is just the front end that launches the emulators cleanly.

You must first get the tables to run outside of PBX before you use PBX to launch the tables.

Install future pinball and VPX for starters, then get the table to launch first.

• Thanks 1

Welcome to the PinballX forums! 

Those tables you see after the PBX install are just there to simulate how it will work.  Just like GameEx it "acts" like it's loading, but then just dumps back to the frontend itself just to give you an idea of how it will perform after you supply it with the media you provide.

As rablack97 mentions you'll need to do some searching on virtual pinball tables, and decide which of the available options best suits your fancy.  Some prefer the classics, while others prefer to experience custom tables people have created.  Probably best to stick to a single emu first so as not to get to many variables in the mix.  Once you get the hang of it configure PBX to launch it.

Oh yeah, awesome garage game room! :cheers: