All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Taskbar

sparkie

Does anyone know why the task bar can keep popping up on the screen between launching games.  I have hide taskbar app but when i run pinballx the taskbar pops up at the bottom of the screen.  Cant see it during gameplay but i would like for it to not be there at all.  Has anyone had this problem and is there a workaround..

Thanks Mark

sounds like a focus issue, you could use script to black out the screen until the table loads, i use it for VPX as i rotate the table prior to game play.

Does this happen on all emulators or one in particular, what OS are you using and what version of VPX are you on.

Also, when asking for help, please post your PBX config file and your PBX log.

I have resolved the issue with the taskbar as it was display fusion and i had to uncheck autohide taskbar for the app i'm using to work.  The script would be more useful though as sometimes it shows my desktop image on the playfield screen.  How do I add to script to blackout screen..

Thanks

Im an autohotkey guy....

Download autohotkey.

create a text file, put this in the txt file.

ui +AlwaysOnTop -Caption +ToolWindow -border
Gui Color, 0
Gui, Show, % "w" 6000 " h" 3000, Black Screen
Sleep 16000
GUI Destroy
exitapp

save it, change the extension to .ahk, then right click and you will see compile script....this will create your .exe

set this as a launch before in your pbx settings, this is what i use for VPX.

The sleep command is how long you want the black screen to show, 16000 = 16 secs, you can adjust this based on how fast your tables load.

• Like 1

In retrospect that makes sense, however, knowing the specific app is sometimes helpful as my first thought was the hide taskbar option within Windows itself. As there are a number of multiple screen managers out there, being able to say "Hey, try disabling the 'Hide Taskbar option" in DisplayFusion and report back if this resolves it" could potentially have shortened the troubleshooting. Kinda goes hand in hand with providing copies of the pinballx.ini and log.txt files along with a detailed description of the error.

Im running display fusion as my three monitor setup in my cab wont show third screen without it.  Don't know why but it doesn't .  I haven't posted any .ini files yet as i thought it would be a quick fix.  My cab is in my bar and not internet connected and I have to take the screen and glass off to get access to get the memory card inserted for transferring it to house computer.  I think its display fusion thats causing the problem.  I will post all details if i get no where..The app im using for hiding the taskbar is an exe called hide taskbar.  It removes it completely as you can only access taskbar again by pressing windows key.  Something when I launch pinballx sets it off again..

Thanks. 

My bar is at the bottom of my garden..It's on a sepetrate RCD so can't use power line adapters and the option of WiFi is no use as it's too far away.  I suppose I could hotspot my phone to a WiFi card but that's the only option I've got ..I'll be having another look later and c what's what..

Yeah the neutrik pass thru is a good idea.  Not really a need for internet to be honest if i can transfer files that easily.

Anyway disabled display fusion and taskbar hides permanently with hide taskbar .exe running in pinballx.  Main reason i use the .exe is when tables are loading you can see a thin line at bottom of screen without it.

All good now thanks for all your input..

no worries, 

1 hour ago, sparkie said:

Not really a need for internet to be honest if i can transfer files that easily.

Ha says you, sounds like your just getting started with tables, walking back and forth to your cab will get old really quick :)

Glad you got everything sorted.