All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Game titles randomly incorrect

jkh0208

I'm having an issue in GameEx Arcade Edition where the title is wrong for random games, but if I leave the menu and come back, the ones that were incorrect or correct but now a different random set of game titles are wrong.  I've included a picture here that shows what I mean.  Note, for example, it looks like there are two copies of Hexpool, but in fact one of them is actually Highway Race.  When I leave the menu and come back, now it shows Highway Race with the correct title, but now Gyruss has the wrong title logo.  What would be causing this?

20171111_083756.jpg

New issue after updating.  When I go to Gameex setup wizard and click on Emulator Selection, I'm now getting this error.  I don't have this error on the previous version.  I reinstalled the .net framework and restarted, same issue.  Do you know what would cause this?

Gameex Setup Error.png

Did you update from within GameEx when prompted, or did you download and install?

If the former, please download and install over the top. Let us know if that fixes the issue reported. If not, please attach copies of your gameex.ini and log.txt files for review.

The older version of the Setup Wizard was working fine.  The dll error message came after downloading and installing version 15.00.  Also, just checked the Gameex program itself, and still getting the random mistitled games.  It only seems to happen with Mame games, not console games.  The dll error is what's most concerning though, as I can't add new emulators until I can get it working again.

From the log file:

13:34:14.10  11/11/2017:  GameEx Arcade Edition: Version 15.00: Starting Log

Is this the most recent version?

here were two versions of 15.00. The one you downloaded and are using. Then I uploaded a new version of 15.00 with the bug fixed.

Understand?

As version 15.00 was only released a couple of hours ago I just quickly fixed the bug after you reported it and uploaded a new version.

1 minute ago, tthurman said:

Are the game titles working correctly now too?

Unfortunately the game titles issue is still present.  It doesn't seem to happen with console games, just Mame games.  I'm wondering if I should try purging my Mame assets and let it redownload all the media again.