All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

(US) Veterans Day - 11/11/2017

Draco1962

Do we consider soldiers who were IN the army but never served in a war a Veteran?  If so, my brother is thankful for your post.  He passed basic training and prior to getting shipped to his post-basic base camp he went into an allergic asthma attack from his inoculations.  When they checked his service record and application, he indicated no prior existence of asthma (his recruiter told him NOT to include it since he hadn't had an attack in 10+ years).  So because he falsified government records, they kicked him out of the army with a threat that he could have been put into Federal Prison for lying, but they let it slide because he was told by his recruiter not to.  Pretty messed up, but they wouldn't give him the chance to serve because of that.  Still,  he completed basic, and was officially classified then as a soldier.  But is he a vet?

Title 38 of the Code of Federal Regulations defines a veteran as “a person who served in the active military, naval, or air service and who was discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable.”

Guess that answers that.  NOPE (it was dishonorable discharge)