All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

How have you mapped your arcade controls with GameEx?

floyd68

I loaded GameEx up on my arcade and immediately discovered that the buttons were not mapped in a way that I had expected them to be.

I am curious how everyone has mapped their arcade controls.

I am running an old ipac.

P1- 1
Coin1- 5
P2- 2
Coin2- 6
Joystick1- [up down left right]
B1- [Lctrl]
B2- [Lalt]
B3- [Space]
B4- [Lshift]
B5- Z
B6- X

Joystick2 - [R D F G]
B7- A
B8- S
B9- Q
B10- W
B11- I
B12- K

Additional Buttons
B13-L
B14-J

Any ideas?

Don't know about the whole scababg and just talking about gameex but personally I prefer player 1 button 1 as select, p1 b2 as shift and p1 b3 as back. Joystick just directional and don't care about anything else but its useful to have a button as volume shift. For MAME you should find a controller config for IPAC and set it.

If you download the software from Ultimarc there is a utility that allows you to program the I-Pac so you can have them to what ever you want. TBH the set up you have seems normal.

I like TOM have a few buttons for page up/down volume up/down etc...

As simbamame mentions,  you can grab the software and edit the mappings should you desire to do so.  My stick also has an older ipac (ps2 interface), but when I asked Jack over at Arcades R Fun about the need for this he indicated it's usually a set it and forget it  situation, so you probably won't need it much after you get it where  you want it.

• 3 weeks later...