All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[NEWS] PinballX 2.43 Beta

Tom Speirs

This is a BETA release of PinballX with installer only in the link below.

I've spent a good amount of time trying to make optimizations with GameEx and PinballX and hopefully it should result in some quite news worthy performance enhancements to rendering and performance and in general.

I think there ready for release but to be safe I would appreciate if a few people would try these versions and report any side effects that have been introduced if any. I am also obviously happy to hear about any successes with improved performance.

PinballXSetup.zip

My system is pretty beefy, i7 16gig ram GTX1080 8gig, and only 2 monitors with real DMD, so not the best system to measure baseline video performance. Release is very stable and ran flawlessly playing an hour. In attract mode I ran a table video and backglass video both at 1920x1080p 60fps with zero stutter. Cycling through the wheels the videos came up with zero lag.

I am running the LAV filters ffdshow from this site (really grabbed by mistake) but they run PBX perfectly.

Windows 10 Pro with Fall Creaters Update installed.

• Thanks 1

Anyone else test this yet? My mini pin has a low end AMD dual core CPU and a GTX750Ti, couldn't use table videos before because of lag. Can't run Ghostbusters on PBA because it stutters like crazy. I have a brand new i7 PC lying around, just didn't want to set it up until I build my full size pincab.

8 minutes ago, captaincroutons said:

Anyone else test this yet? My mini pin has a low end AMD dual core CPU and a GTX750Ti, couldn't use table videos before because of lag. Can't run Ghostbusters on PBA because it stutters like crazy. I have a brand new i7 PC lying around, just didn't want to set it up until I build my full size pincab.

You could always give it a try.

12 hours ago, captaincroutons said:

Just try it already and contribute something.

ok ran a few tables which went well.

Only thing that stuck out for me was there a small intermittent pause when switching between tables.  I switched back and forth a few times and then it seemed to fix itself. One instance it was actually freezing, but after a few back and forths, it fixed itself.  Loading screen seems to fade smoother than before.  

Anything else we need to be looking out for Tom?