All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Multiple instances of Gamex running in Task Manager

dschulpius

I'm trying to trim my system down so I can get Gamex to start up faster when windows starts. I noticed that an instance of Gamex starts up with windows before I load Gamex.exe. Then after Gamex loads there are two Gamex's showing in Task Manager. Is this correct and as it should be?

As long as I brought us bootup time is there any suggestions on how to get Gamex to load quicker after windows 10 starts I seems like it takes a long time while I stare at the desktop. 

After doing some research I see that if I have Gamex Online enabled in the settings that it will load when Windows starts up. That's probably accounts for one of the instances I see. The other one is surely Gamex itself.  

Besides GameEx.exe, there is a GameEx_background.exe that runs. I never thought to ask what the background was before, but I had generally thought that it performed various online and cleanup tasks. Regardless, it is normal for both of those programs to run.

Just for the record: GameEX_Background.exe does two things when GameEx itself is not running. When GameEx is running the process closes. Temporarily they may both be running while GamEex start up or exits but then there is only one running.

1. Keeps GameEx Online running and connected.
2. Downloads artwork.