hansolo77

[GOTM] Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Played some more over the weekend.  I got passed Bebop finally with barely any health remaining.  Bebop requires stick and move and you need to make sure you have plenty of health when you go against him which means killing the first boss Rocksteady without dying which is very tough.  Need to practice some more against Bebop and I might be able to get an even better score.  Will see :)

IMG_3323.JPG

• Like 1

It's vacation time.  Hopefully I'll manage to get some game time in this week.  My plans were to do so, but my "home work" is pretty booked.  I've got a seedbox that's over quota which means I have a lot of technical house cleaning to do.  I'm also working on trying to improve my NesPi by installing updates to the software, which inevitably means it broke everything.  At least I'm more comfortable now with trying to figure it out, vs a couple years ago.

Good score @forest4585, you're looking like the champ so far!

Updated OP, DB, RSS

Funny to see a scoring method of number of fights only.

Score to beat less then hundred for now

I cracked the top 10 and made it halfway through the 3rd stage.  

"Now you're playing with power....turtle power!"

IMG_3331.JPG

• Like 1

Wow awesome!  I regret not being able to play this last week.  Gonna have to get a submission in some time though, just to participate more than moderating.

Updated OP, DB, RSS

Dang.  I should play this game, given that I think I suggested it in the first place.

Bummer that TwinGalaxies doesn't use the "tmnt2po" version of the ROM.  Not being able to (easily) play as Donatello on my 2P cab is blasphemy, I tell you! Blasphemy!

• Like 2

On 12/4/2017 at 11:49 AM, millerbrad said:

Dang.  I should play this game, given that I think I suggested it in the first place.

Bummer that TwinGalaxies doesn't use the "tmnt2po" version of the ROM.  Not being able to (easily) play as Donatello on my 2P cab is blasphemy, I tell you! Blasphemy!

I'm playing on a 2P cabinet as well.  Since we're not using the 2-player ROM, I've come up with a pretty convenient workaround to use for this competition:

- go to configure inputs (this game) and map all (4) of the turtles' up/down/left/right/jump/attack inputs to the same joystick and 2 buttons on the control panel

- go to configure inputs (this game) and map (4) otherwise unused buttons on your panel to the (4) coin-in buttons for the various characters

When you set it up like this, you "select" your character based on which coin-up button you use.  Regardless of which one you select, the controls will work the same because they're all mapped to the same controls. 

I actually set up my player-2 joystick to handle the credit buttons.  Up = Leo, Right = Mike, Down = Don, Left = Raph

Of course, this set up won't work if you want to play 2P simultaneous, but you can't do that for the competition anyway, and if you wanted to do it you could just load up the other ROM. 

Nice score buddy!  And great tip.  I'm sure it will benefit somebody, even if they don't use the EXACT mappings as you.  I never thought to change "for this game".  Thanks!

Updated OP, DB, RSS

Nice one!  Sorry I'm late updating.  Our cable/internet went out yesterday around noon when I was at work.  Never got a chance to update till now.

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• Like 1