All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Custom Theme Issue

rtkiii

Hey All,

I created a custom theme awhile back and it seems to work fine except when loading console emulators layout inside GameEx itself.  The games play fine and everything but the Layout for the desctipion, image1, image2 etc are all whacked.  Whacked = not what I have the layout to look like.

So I verified my "Layout" that has all the various things listed are set as I like and again that seems to work for all my MAme emulators.  Something is causing the Default Layout not to load correctly.  Does anyone know what layout GameEx goes to if there is a problem.  I figure if I modify that layout it will be a good work around. 

I attached what the default layout looks like...and the layout that loads for my emulators.  I have tried tweaking various layouts for the emulators but it doesnt make a difference with this issue for some reason.

bad.PNG

default.PNG

It was uploaded to this site a few years back.  "Time Machine v#.##" if you want to pull it from here. 

If not I can upload it to my dropbox when I get home.

I did not make any changes to the theme itself until I tried fixing this issue this week and it is just moving the date field around like i mention a little bit further down in this post..  The issue has been happening for sometime and I was on Windows XP...so I thought now that this is on Windows7 it would work better.  But it does not.

I do use custom menus with this. 

To me it is like GameEx is seeing a conflict of some sort and going to to a non"Default Layout"  Like my first screenshot above.  But it still applies the custom background and foreground I have in place for those emulators\pages.

I was thinking if I knew which Layout it was applying(I show like 30 of them in my theme including "layout" which is my second screenshot....then I could just eidt whichever one it is calling as a work around.  But I have tried editing like 15 of them...thinking I could find which layout it is loading...but alas none of those changes seem to matter.

I did some more investigating last night.  Below is my custom menu and which ones work and which ones act weird.

The Arcade 

- MAME - Works as expected

- Mame v190 - works as expected

- Mame v175 - works as expected

- Mame v129 - Does the weird layout

- High Score Competition - Works As expected

- Alli's Games - Works as expetced

- Rich's Top 10 - works as expected

The Consoles

- NES - does weird layout

- SNES - does weird layout

- Genesis - does weird layout

- TG16 - does weird layout

- TGCD - does weird layout

Keep in mind that all of the menu items have a "Game List" Menu item that points to the emulator I have setup for each of them.  So Mame v190 has an emulator setup in GameEx named MAme v190 and so on.  The top MAme list is not an emulator but the default mame list thingy...thing  :)  Funny thing is I am consolidating my lists and I think I might remove the Consoles from my list and remove v129 all together...but it still bugs me it behaves this way.

I regret that I will not be able to attempt to replicate the error you are encountering as I had planned this weekend due to a family death.

Hopefully someone else will be able to jump in and test this to further validate your findings. 

• Sad 1