All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

pinballx 2.42 pinballfx3

kaillros

Hi 

I've pinball 2.42 on my pincab and PinballFX3 with the cabinet mode unlock, but when i launch a table example return to the futur, or other i've a problem the game starts but opens twice =/ and when i come back on pinballX, PinballFX3 is still active in the background... and i can't launch direclty a table with pinballx 2.42 and PinballFX3 =/ 

How to resolve that please? 

Thank you 

did you set your grid drop downs?

Then ensure you select the grid positions of your installed games in the Game Manager. PinballX will then send keys to FX to navigate the games.

Also, If your running a steam version your executable needs to be steam.exe, and you path needs to point to steam

WorkingPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
Executable=Steam.exe
Parameters=-applaunch 442120
Process=Pinball FX3.exe

If your runninng a non-steam or a steam version, you have to set all .exe's to run as admin, and make sure they are unblocked, in addition to your .dll files(these need to be unblocked as well.

Access denied
10:28:43.3  01/11/2017:     a System.Diagnostics.ProcessManager.OpenProcess(Int32 processId, Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited)
10:28:43.3  01/11/2017:     a System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcessHandle(Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited)
10:28:43.3  01/11/2017:     a System.Diagnostics.Process.get_HasExited()
10:28:43.3  01/11/2017:     a PinballX.Main.q()

This is saying the file is being blocked by Windows 10.

39 minutes ago, rablack97 said:

Then ensure you select the grid positions of your installed games in the Game Manager. PinballX will then send keys to FX to navigate the games.

How to do that? please? 

40 minutes ago, rablack97 said:

If your runninng a non-steam or a steam version, you have to set all .exe's to run as admin, and make sure they are unblocked, in addition to your .dll files(these need to be unblocked as well.

It's a no steam version on my pincab, i'm admin how to unlock my dll? 

Thank 

unblock dll, right click on the file, if you do not see unblock, the file is not blocked.

Unblock button in Properties dialog

or use powershell and enter dir -Path "enter path" - Recurse | Unblock-file

that command will unblock all files in the folder.

run as admin - right click on your .exe, go to compatability, check run as admin, then apply

Image result for run as admin

7 hours ago, rablack97 said:

go to game manager, under each game there is a grid drop down, you have you set that grid location in sync with the tables in PBFX3.

I think is here no? I'm not sure, i choose what? 1x1? 2x2? I don't know =/

1509721331-image.jpeg

grid pinballfx3 with cabinet mode ok 

1509721331-image2.jpeg

thank you 

15 minutes ago, rablack97 said:

im sorry my apologies, i overlooked the part where you said cabinet mode is unlocked.

you dont need to use the grid for cabinet mode, are you able to launch your tables now?

Still not, always the same problem =/ 

hmmm, slight chance you might be out of luck.

I don't think there is a confirmed case where a user has gotten Pinball-X to work with a non-steam version.

[PinballFX3]
Enabled=True
WorkingPath=C:\Pinball FX3
Executable=Pinball FX3.exe
Parameters=-applaunch 442120
Process=Pinball FX3.exe
Rotate=False

It looks like you've set this up under the PBFX3 emulator per the thread above the support is actually for Steam versions only and will have to be setup as a seperate system.  I am using the steam version, so I can't test this out for you.