All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Exiting future dmd when loading visual pinball.

sparkie

Is there any way to have future dmd always on so i can display high scores while searching tables but exit when loading a visual pinball table and reloading when exiting a visual pinball table to still display scores.  I cannot have it on all the time as it sits over the visual pinball dmd. I understand that the future dmd needs to be always on to display scores and other things..

Thanks In advance for any help.

Not sure of the request if it is asking how to or is wanting PinballX to manage. As I do not run FP and limited VP tables, not certain if this is something that someone somewhere else was able to configure. If it is intended for PinballX to handle the functionality, then yes, a feature request needs to be submitted.

Sounds like @sparkie wants real high scores from the table to be displayed while browsing.

Not sure how this would be possible as you would have to somehow access the table data during the scroll.

@sparkie Future DMD is just a connector it doesn't store any data.  

Same for dmdext, and ultra dmd.  One solution would be to record your dmds as videos and update them by table, sounds like a lot of work.

Plus you have to take into consideration, not too many people sit and stare at table that long to even pay attention to whats on the dmd.  A highscore wont be part of their table selection thought process.  It will be oh look i wanna play that table, once they boot it up, the highscores are there to beat.

Look up a software called rise-vision.  You can create a scrolling database of your high scores by table and its easy to update....below is look at what it does

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,140635.0.html

My issue with recording is that i cannot get any dmd videos to display or that would be the way to go for me as i could have my topper and dmd displayed at the same time.

What is it that shows the dmd recording through pinballx and what reason could there be for it not playing the dmd videos.  Pbx recorder wont even record them but it does record everything else.  Is there something I need to setup in pinballx for it to display videos.  Nearly there now just need to fill the blank dmd screen with something while browsing

Thanks.

Yeah i need the dmd to show all the info on all the games while browsing.  If i could get it to play dmd videos i could use obs recorder and make my own for topper and dmd using in game recording.  The problem is i cannot get it to play anything.  Don't know how to set it up or what it uses to play the video so i can config it.

Looks like the only solution is to run the table with separate topper and dmd and record using obs recorder then when done resize the topper to full screen and play the recorded video that way and when the table launches hopefully the dmd will sit on top of the topper. This way should theoretically work.  Just means having to change topper size for every new table..Gonna give it a go..

The other day somebody posted how to do this and I believe it was this website but the title of the post I don't believe
he had anything to do with future DMD it was just that two people were having a conversation and ask the question
but I cannot find it

19 hours ago, sparkie said:

Is there any way to have future dmd always on so i can display high scores while searching tables but exit when loading a visual pinball table and reloading when exiting a visual pinball table to still display scores.  I cannot have it on all the time as it sits over the visual pinball dmd. I understand that the future dmd needs to be always on to display scores and other things..

Yeah it was a conversation i was in regarding buttons not saving initially.  I read the article and he was recording the dmd and topper but could play them as a dmd where as i cannot.  I cannot play dmds for some reason which is why i got the idea to resize the topper to the full screen of my cab and play the recording as a topper video.  Just a lot of work continually resizing every new table.

So, you are using the FutureDMD plug-in to display information on your DMD display and wanting to display a DMD video on your topper?

When PBXRecorder records a DMD video it is going to save that output to a media DMD Videos folder. You will have to move files to Topper Videos folder.

That’s a different issue than VP DMD displays losing focus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know where the article is that has this information in it
  On 10/31/2017 at 1:16 AM, sparkie said:

11 hours ago, Outhere said:

The other day somebody posted how to do this and I believe it was this website but the title of the post I don't believe
he had anything to do with future DMD it was just that two people were having a conversation and ask the question
but I cannot find it