All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEx Menu Issues

SpyhunterUK

I have been using GameEx for ages and cannot seem to find the resolution to this.  I have videosnaps to all my emulators within GameEx and every now and then when switching between menus and/or games within the menu Gameex makes a bleeping sound (like an instrument is stuck on) and won't go until I select the next videosnap.  Is this a problem with the Videosnap in any way?  or is there a Gameex setting for this somewhere?

Also, on another note I am running an older version of GameEx (not too old though).  Previously when I updated it would loose all my menu settings such as backgrounds, etc and I would have to reset them again - is there a way around this and/or a way to keep my settings during an update?

Backup your GameEx folder and contents is the best way to ensure you have everything.

We are going to ask for several things -

First, you are going to have to upgrade to the latest version. No way around it for thorough support. Some things you may have encountered may be resolved.

Second, with the more recent versions of GameEx, it is recommended that you use LAV codecs instead of Shark007. If you are running Shark007 and decided to update to LAV, be sure to fully uninstall Shark007 first.

Third, copies of your gameex .ini and log.txt files attached in reply are a must.