All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

possible cabinet mode in Pinball Arcade

captaincroutons

I am interested in getting the most out of my pinball cab.  VP is great and FP has some good features also.  Pinball FX is totally unrealistic but represents additional content/games for the cab, almost a different art form and thus worthwhile for me.  I have always been interested in Pinball Arcade because of the neat graphical interpretation and lighting among other things, but I have none of their tables due to lack of simple cabinet support.

So this is a chance to get 76 tables in their artistic form and with what is billed as simple cabinet support for $500.  That's $6 per table.

I am going to think about.  I have spent a lot on my cab including just upgrading to liquid cooling, so this expense would be reasonable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrEvil said:

Yup I wanted to make sure I got a variety opinions.  Seems most enthusiasts are hostile to Farsight due to willful lack of support for cabinets over the years.

Difference between willful lack and just outright lying without any intent to provide the support.

I'm thinking about spending the $145.00 because I own all the PBA tables. I'm waiting for someone to try it out first :)

They were supposed to launch today but they must be having problems getting the store set up. I have until June 30th to decide before the licensing runs out with Bally/Williams. It has virtual DMD support only. I'm guessing Freezy's DMDext will still work with the Arcooda package and I can run them in 2 screen mode.

The Quote isn't working for me? 

Wonder if that REALLY happened ;)

If someone cuts a business line in Cincinnati, either Spectrum or Cincinnati Bell jump on it and fix immediately. Residential lines are a second priority. We had a home builder contractor cut a fiber optics line in our neighborhood last year and it took 3 days to fix.

I just ordered the steam version. 

Couple of things. Suggest ordering on a credit card so you can get it back if the company goes out of business or something. Also the price is in Australian Dollars so its a little cheaper than it appears although you bank/card issuer will likely charge you a few bucks for the conversion.

22 hours ago, hlr53 said:

Wonder if that REALLY happened ;)

If someone cuts a business line in Cincinnati, either Spectrum or Cincinnati Bell jump on it and fix immediately. Residential lines are a second priority. We had a home builder contractor cut a fiber optics line in our neighborhood last year and it took 3 days to fix.

Some small businesses get residential lines to save costs so who knows. I know in some parts of the UK you can have a wait on your hands if you can get them to come out at all unless you have several calls to India. I've had busininess based broadband at the home office before and it still took a while for them to come out when there was an issue. Also customer service in the States is the best in the world (believe it or not).

I'm going to order the Steam version also. I know MANY people are pissed at FarSight but I still do like playing their tables. And yes, I am also pissed about the cab support but it is what it is.

Going to wait until after the Memorial Day Holiday in the States. I'm sure Chase Bank will block the transaction due to being overseas and I will have to call them. I don't mind, it is a security thing.

AND, had to watch the Royal Wedding with the wife yesterday AM. :) 

Probably won't be blocked for me with our credit union. GoG.com purchases have no problem and that is through former Eastern Block countries.

I am honestly reconsidering the Steam cab support key purchase due to the large investment already made. Still pissed as hell with them and won't invest in the Stern PBA.

I expect mine will be blocked. Usually is these days. F*ck the banks. You know there only protecting there own exposure. They try to convince people its for there benefit. Complete horse shit. Ah, the joys of modern living. lol.

I will give shout out to AMEX though (if using direct). That's my only card that just works.

I am hopeful that it will have command line support. This has always been part of the cabinet friendly interface that was dangled like a carrot to entice us to buy more packs. If it does, then then the deal with Arcooda may actually be the motive all along.

I wouldn't bank on it but who knows. FreeCAMMode may still be the best option since that does these days.

Anyway, unfortunately its not going to be around for long by the looks of it. I feel bad for them. There just a small shop trying to do something interesting and creative.

Advanced purchasing now available. 

Shipping schedule per the Arcooda site:

• Cabinet Support Unlock Key (starts shipping approximately 30th May, or earlier)
  • Standalone Generic 76 Game Software Kit (starts shipping approximately 30th June)
  • Standalone Arcooda Cabinet 76 Game Software Kit (starts shipping approximately 30th June)
  • Like 1