All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

possible cabinet mode in Pinball Arcade

captaincroutons

Same here:

Date: Thu, May 31, 2018 at 2:00 AM
Subject: IAR#53715 -Arcooda Pinball Arcade Steam Unlock Key
To: [email protected]

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your patience.

Tomorrow, FarSight will activate the new software code on The Pinball Arcade (TPA) software in Steam. Please use the below code to unlock "Cabinet Mode";

cab key

The steps will be as follow;

- when starting TPA, the software will now have 3 options, DX9, DX11, Cabinet. (Choose Cabinet)
- it will now ask you to enter the Unlock Code  (Enter the above unlock code)
- the software will default as 3 monitor setup, to made adjustments or change to 2 monitor setup, please exit TPA and reopen TPA Configuration Utility and check the "Cabinet" tab to make the adjustments

We have done our best to have the software up and running as best as possible during this short time. FarSight will continue to support us and help to update firmware (if necessary) periodically right up until 30th June.

Thank you for your continued support.

Best Regards,
Valentina Josifovski

Arcooda
44-48 Maitland Rd, Ground Floor (Entry via Myola St), 
Mayfield East 2304, NSW, Australia

Tel: +612 4968 9313
Fax: +612 4968 9314
Date: 31st May, 2018

So I guess the game plan is that FarSight will only provide support for another month to us via Arcooda for the Cabinet Mode activation. Hopefully we will have more success with PinballX integration for  Arcooda Cabinet support than we did with standard PBA. Fingers crossed!

45 minutes ago, GAH1068 said:

Draco - might want to hide your license key!

It was a bogus key - I intentionally typed garbage text over where it was, but thanks!

22 minutes ago, Draco1962 said:

It was a bogus key - I intentionally typed garbage text over where it was, but thanks!

Ahh, makes sense.   Didn't want you to get your key disabled if you had accidentally included it.

Not sure that it is fully available. I have the option but it does not prompt me to enter my key and displays are still single screen. My guess is that there will be several updates before the functionality is available or those of us that bought into it got taken. I am going to be cautiously optimistic that it is the first scenario.

Farsight is already going to patch it.   Make sure under steam you don't opt in for beta or it doesn't work.    I found a bug in cactus jack whiled randomly looking at tables.  3 of the 4 cabinet views are corrupt but the other tables look wonderful and this is going to be a great way to play TPA.

I also have confirmed that a real dmd will work with DMDExt and screen mirroring (hopefully Freezy just adds support).   I was able to quickly hack together my DMD to at least come close to displaying it right.  Just need to dial in the coordinates.

facebook_1527819069633.jpg

16 hours ago, Meto said:

Holy Crap I am excited for this, but between TPA, FX3 and VP I am never going to have enough time to play them all... But that is a good problem to have I guess.

Lol - wasn't trying to respond but tablet is squirrelly at 5:30 AM. Don't forget to add Zacarria to the list.

It looks like Farsight pulled the download to patch. It was allowing cabinet mode without they key. I haven't purchased yet. Waiting until 15th to budget in.

9 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

I am getting an error that the .exe for cabinet mode is missing. Will have to look at it in the morning.

Same.  Download happened, but .exe didn't make it and validating doesn't recognize it as a missing file.  Guess we are back to waiting.

Quick edit:  Uninstalled/Reinstalled to save y'all some time trying.  No dice.

I forgot to turn off autoupdates so my cabinet mode got yanked.    I did get to tinker with it for a bit but focused on trying to get my PinDMDv3 at least partially working as that seems to be what everyone was most interested in.   I didn't even think to try the native -source pinballarcade switch with DMDExt to see if that works still or if Freezy will add a new Arcooda switch to automatically grab the DMD from cabinet mode.    My test using the --source screen was successful so even if not this should work very well.

Just the short time I got to play around I will say this is the version TPA that we should have had all along.   Now with the cabinet mode views TPA is going to shoot up my list to my go to tables for the foreseeable future.   Love FX3 and VPX still but I have not played a ton of TPA since I hate the table views.

Took a little tinkering but got the settings down for the playfield, back glass, and DMD. Able to run the tables outside of PinballX but haven't tried to run it via PinballX just yet. Need to also find the settings to keep the table from scrolling back and forth and stay within the frame of the playfield.

Found a TARDIS display video online which I run as my topper video when PinballX is offline. Worked out well!

20180601_213515.jpg

• Thanks 1

What are your settings for launching?

Also, did you notice how they are creating the playfield, backglass and DMD? I had to alt-tab at one point and there were 3 separate windows opened - one for each.

Yes, curious how you are launching to get the cabinet.exe to run? 

GAH1068, are you running 2 screens? How is that working? The Arcooda/FarSight code was written strictly for 3 monitors and they kludged together 2 screen support at the last minute. I've read on Steam there are some major problems in 2 screen mode. I have a v3 DMD and 2 screens. I could add another monitor to the top of my backbox. Was thinking about doing a topper anyway. We have some spares laying around. I would still use DMDext.

Thanks,

--Harry

In setting up my displays playing around with the coordinates, I had the DMD over the backglass for a bit (of course, still in 3 monitor mode) but did not see an issue. So far I am not finding where you can alter the camera views other than the 3 that are there for event, etc. I was of the understanding that there is a way to adjust how the tables appear with the PRO packs (all of which I have purchased).