All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinball FX3 Backglasss

andyco

Of the two, the upper grille looks better, but it's using up a ton of space overall. It'd be nice to make the DMD space bigger so that the DMD can be fitted to the window while maximizing used space.  Otherwise most people will just re-size the DMD over the grille completely.

The bottom one has way too much white in it, in both the highlight and in the speaker grilles.

I do appreciate the removal of the FX3 logo from the bottom image.  Given the recent version changeover, and that most of these tables were made for FX2 it'd be best to remove all version specific numbering so we don't need to replace these when FX4 comes out.

TBH, to appease the masses you would have to do one with grill and one without.

Fellow members with real dmds and or speakers in the backbox wouldn't need that bottom section, just the graphic.

I also agree with @H2olt removing the pbfx3 from the still image future proofs your work, those with 3rd screens can easily update the logo their for a newer version.

I believe you can also do a custom overlay or modify your wheel to display the system logo for each system you are running if you must have a system logo. As was noted in another thread about the PB FX3 animated backglasses, if the source backglass image is from Zen, it will likely have the PBFX 2 or 3 logo on it and may not be easy to remove or cover over.

• 8 months later...