All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

How do I stop PInballfx3 from trying to connect to the internet?

Pinball818

I installed pinball fx3 and would prefer that it didn't try to connect to the internet each time I loaded a table.  

I have Steam in offline mode and my computer's wifi is off.

If there a way to just have the table launch without having the "No Internet Error" Screen pop up each time?

image1.JPG

Try going to

Steam\config

loginusers.vdf

open the file using text editor.

look for your profile and change "wantsofflinemode" to 1 and "skipofflinemodewarning" to 1

make the file read only in the properties of the file so future updates won't override it.

• Like 1

I cant seem to find these entries "wantsofflinemode" to 1 and "skipofflinemodewarning" to 1  in loginusers.vdf its pretty empty in that file ....Unless they moved it 

"users"
{
    "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
    {
        "AccountName"        "xxxxxxxxxxx"
        "PersonaName"        "xxxxxxxx"
        "RememberPassword"        "1"
        "mostrecent"        "1"
        "Timestamp"        "1508997961"
    }
}

7 hours ago, NeoCOrtex said:

I looked on my cabinet and that seems more populated .I found the switches you mentioned ...Thanks

And did changing that as instructed fix your issue?

"users"
{
    "1234567890"
    {
        "AccountName"        "xxxxxxx"
        "PersonaName"        "xxxxxxx"
        "mostrecent"        "0"
        "Timestamp"        "1508018361"
        "WantsOfflineMode"        "1"
        "SkipOfflineModeWarning"        "1"
    }
    "76561198545277948"
    {
        "AccountName"        "xxxxxxxxxxx"
        "PersonaName"        "xxxxxx"
        "mostrecent"        "1"
        "Timestamp"        "1508968231"
        "WantsOfflineMode"        "1"
        "SkipOfflineModeWarning"        "1"
    }
}

You can't make the internal warnings of PBFX3 go away.  Those will pop up from time to time, mainly by table on first run.  Once you cancel or exit out of it the software acknowledges that you cancelled and it normally doesn't show up again.  Once i played all 68 tables, I dont get those warnings anymore.

This is part to being on steam, steam expects you to be on the internet, and so does the game.

If you want to get rid of the PBFX3 error notifications altogether you might post this over at zen, theres probably a registry hack that will disable all error messaging notifications.  The fix i gave you disabled the steam notification which was stopping my tables from loading.

If the error/warning notification pops up just hit your plunger button and all good.  It's just a warning, thats all.