All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[APP] Marquee Magician 2.1

Tempest

Pics are always welcome. The cards are a good idea, I've never seen them before. Where did you get them from?

When you are all done, I would like a really nice video of a cabinet running Marquee Magician to put at the top of the thread.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pics are always welcome. The cards are a good idea, I've never seen them before. Where did you get them from?

When you are all done, I would like a really nice video of a cabinet running Marquee Magician to put at the top of the thread.

The cards come mostly from the ingame artwork from mr do's arcade site. I'll do a vid when finished, may be a while though ;)

No, there is not. I tried making it work in that way, but I had too many problems with stealing focus from GameEx. I'm really reaching here but GamExtender might display some stuff on a secondary monitor. It is built into GameEx, but I don't remember how to set it up. I also don't know if it would interfere with MM, or not.

No, there is not. I tried making it work in that way, but I had too many problems with stealing focus from GameEx. I'm really reaching here but GamExtender might display some stuff on a secondary monitor. It is built into GameEx, but I don't remember how to set it up. I also don't know if it would interfere with MM, or not.

OK no probs for me just would look cooler on video. ;)

You are probably aware of this, but you can create a template that will be displayed while in GameEx. You could create your own instruction card on how to run the FE to display on your third monitor, and a custom image for the second monitor. They would be static images though...

You are probably aware of this, but you can create a template that will be displayed while in GameEx. You could create your own instruction card on how to run the FE to display on your third monitor, and a custom image for the second monitor. They would be static images though...

Yes I know this. Been playing around with animated gifs, but a FE instruction card is a good idea.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

HK or Tempest - will Marquee Magician , Game Extender or any other programs that are compatible for use with this monitor or others like it that connect via USB?

What I am considering as part of a cab design is having a smaller monitor installed right below the main monitor (thus sharing the same bezel as opposed to embedded in the CP where the clear overly will get scratched and, being pretty much flat, means too much looking down whereas right below the main screen is not so much) to display game play controls cards, etc. with, possbily, one of the LED strips for the cab marquee.

I know that most vid cards support mutliple monitors but, for the price, USB makes more sense, esp when I will likely have a decent powered hub installed within to handle misc. controllers.

• 2 weeks later...

I've made my first test with MM, but no marquee is shown :(

Heres my MM.ini

[General]
Version=2.0
UseTabs=0
GameExDir=D:\Eigene Dateien\emulation\GameEx
Gamelist=D:\Eigene Dateien\emulation\GameEx\DATA\gamelist.txt
[MAME Games]
Template=marqueetest
Image2=D:\Eigene Dateien\emulation\arcade\mame\marquees
FileFolder2=2
Backup2=D:\Eigene Dateien\emulation\arcade\mame\marquees\airbustr.png

Heres the MM-part of my my GameEx.ini

ShellBeforeLaunch=""D:\Eigene Dateien\emulation\arcade\Marquee Magician v2.0\Launch MM v2.0.exe" "marqueetest" "[rom]""

And heres my Template

[WinPosition]
xKoord=1680
yKoord=0
Width=1024
Height=768
Maximized=0
[Viewing]
FitWindowOption=2
UseResample=1
[Others]
RememberWinPos=1
[Toolbar]
Flag=0

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Man this app is really great Tempest! I have just one question:

When GameEx loads/browses the menus, I would like to display a picture of my loading screen on my second monitor. If I make the GameEx template this image, GameEx hangs and doesn't load at all. Is there a way to do this, or am I just SOL?

Your not SOL.

In the Advanced Configuration settings in GameEX,In the Advanced MAME settings, place your command line on the Run on Exit line.

Mine is ""C:\Program Files\Marquee Magician v2.0\Launch MM v2.0.exe" "GameEx""

and don't forget to set it to stop it when ending or exiting GameEX in Tweeks/Performance on Launch on Exit Don't wait.

Mine is ""C:\Program Files\Marquee Magician v2.0\Launch MM v2.0.exe" "kill""

That is if you use the GameEX Advanced Configuration that is. But maybe it will help.

What else is really cool with having 2 monitor setup is if you play pinball.

You can get the backglass for the tables to work on the second screen that work off the roms of the tables.

So the lights and scores are active on the backglass. Cool thing is there is no extra setup in GameEX if you have pinball already working.

Everything is done with the tables and UVP server mainly. Once setup it will run the active backglass interdependently threw VP no matter what front end.