All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[APP] Marquee Magician 2.1

Tempest

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Folks,

I am probably 95% complete on my Mame cabinet and as always when I do a update I get stuck with Marquee Magician. 

I cannot get MM to display any other png file but the default. I tried the following command from DOS and no matter the name of the rom I still only get the default image.

INI files listed below.

MM.INI

[General]
ImageExtensions=.JPG|.PNG|.BMP|.JPEG|.GIF|.IMG
Version=2.1
UseTabs=0
[MAME]
Template=MAME
Image1=D:\Cabinet\Hyperspin\Media\MAME\Images\Marquee
FileFolder1=2
Backup1=D:\Cabinet\Hyperspin\Media\MAME\Images\Marquee\default.jpg

i_view32.ini

[WinPosition]
xKoord=-609
yKoord=-1080
Width=1926
Height=717
Maximized=0
[Viewing]
FitWindowOption=2
UseResample=1
[Others]
RememberWinPos=1
[Toolbar]
Flag=0

Created the template exactly like the PDF said so...

Thanks for your help and I hope someone has the answer to getting this thing finished.

I am running Launch MM directly from dos for testing purposes at this point. This is before mame.

"Launch MM v2.1.exe" mame 1941 displays my default marquee if no image was found but i know I have that image. I have used dozens of other image names but everyone of them only shows the default image which is default.jpg

• Draco1962 changed the title to Marquee Magician 2.1

Sorry for the confusion as this issue should be addressed in the actual application thread. Please keep in mind that if the issue cannot be resolved that the application may no longer meet the needs of the community as the author  @Tempest has since retired from the scene and may no longer be available for support.

Thanks @Draco1962, I do not think it is a issue that cannot be resolved. I think I am just missing something simple. I had the system up and running up until a few months ago when I decided to update the system and I thought I had a backup to refer to but I lost it or never had it made. Just hoping someone could help jog my memory or give me insight on a solution.

Thanks

I ended up not using this and not sure there's many still using it?

Depending on what you're doing with it, you could try this for simple images on an additional display to your main:

If you need more layout options on your display, you can try this:

https://sites.google.com/view/magoarcade/software/cpwizbiz

but be warned - it's not for the faint hearted!

• Draco1962 changed the title to [APP] Marquee Magician 2.1